Favorite Whiskey?

Hey! This question is for all of you.

Do you have a favorite Whiskey, and why Do you prefer it?

Personally I prefer the Glenfiddich 14yo.

Keep the good work! 

- Runar

1 Like

The Glenlivet 15yo is my go to. I bought a bottle of the 18yo last time and I prefer it but it is a bit more expensive. 

Just like the taste. Smooth 

Edradour Caledonia 12 year, good all around scotch

1 Like

I like Seagrams 7 but I also don't have a lot of experience with whiskey because its expensive

Whiskey, I like Jack Daniels. Scotch, Fiddich or Livet.

Willets bourbon. Really very nice. Single barrel Jack was not bad either. 

Jameson's and jack are only good to.me if I can sweeten them up a bit. But the higher quality of both is good on ice.

I'm a jack man , jameson too ,But more into the jack,

My standard whisky is Johnny Walker Black Label. Don't know why, I just really like it's taste.

My favourite whiskies would probably be Tomatin (1988), Hibiki 12yo, Yamasaki 18yo and Coal Ila 18yo.

Islay whisky is the best for me, be it Ardbeg, Lagavulin or that hard to spell Laproaigh.

Because peat single malts is the best.

Honorable mentions go to, Talisker, Highland Park and Old Pultney, not for their peatiness but for the good flavors they provide.
Also instead of ice try using a drop or two of water it will do wonders for releasing the flavors of the whisky, only use ice if you live somewhere scorching hot.

My sentiments exactly.

Not a big whiskey drinker but I've had a few.  I really liked Teachers Highland Cream.  It's a blended whiskey but it was one of the few whiskeys I could tolerate.  Sadly, I hear the quality isn't what it used to be.  It's been 5 or so years since I had a drop of it.

1 Like

While I'm not a huge whiskey or liquor fan, I have always wanted to try Laproaigh.  I don't think I'll like it but I just fascinated with the idea of the peat.  Never seen Laproaigh anywhere near where I live.

You don't by chance watch Ralphy's whiskey reviews do you?  That's always his recommendation is to use a few drops of water and ice only when its really  hot :P

makers mark is pretty good to me. im not fancy.

I love me some honey whiskey. Like JD Tennessee honey, Wild Turkey American Honey, and several others. I do enjoy some Crown Royal Maple whiskey. It tastes like Maple syrup with a kick. I do like to drink scotch neat though from time to time. 

honey whiskey.  Is it as sweet as a mead or is it just a slight touch of honey sweetness?

Gonna have to say Pendleton, Canadian whiskey.

Maker's Mark, Larceny, W.L. Weller and Old Fitz.... I prefer the Kentucky stuff made with Wheat.

Depends on the brand. It can be sweet but strong as an ox. I actually prefer the Wild Turkey over JD. JD tastes too much like charcoal. Wild Turkey has the kick of a mule. I like it right out of the freezer. It goes smoother. The strength is toned down slightly. Just enough to down in a shot.

I have seen a ralfy, but I did not know he would say that, though it would not surprise me if he did, learned it at a whisky taste festival years ago

Glenfiddich