Favorite Whiskey?

I've recently tried "Hibiki", a japanese whisky, and Jesus' Titts it's one of the best ones I've drank in quite a while.

Ever had Sochu? It is a grain alcohol but also Japanese and quite smooth.

Water

I mostly prefer Makers Mark, Wild Turkey and Jim Beam small batch. But I'm not fussy and will drink just about anything.

1 Like

14 year old from glen field?

It's just beer in a bottle, Speaking of which...

MAN IN CHRISTCHURCH, NEW ZEALAND SEEKS BOOZE
WILL DO ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING FOR ANOTHER FEW

CAN SUPPLY OWN CORDLESS DRILL

Fan of the Chivas 12 year. I think I heard someone say it was gangsters whiskey or something. I don't care. I love it.

Unfortunately rare but I will never forget this smoky taste:

Laphroaig 10 - Cask Strength, 2nd Batch

My regular favorites:
Laphroaig 10
Laphroaig Quater Cask
Talisker 10 yo
Ardbeg

For me good Whisky doesn't have to be really old. Ten years seam to be enough for me, after that they get soft. I like them kicking ass. :)

Slainté!

White Owl spiced whiskey.

Wild Turkey 81 proof (can't handle the 101, too hot, too strong)
Jack Daniels Honey
Jack Daniels Single Barrel.

If you ever find yourself having to cook some hamburgers indoors in a pan (probably because it's raining), drop you a spoon full of Wild Turkey into the pan with the burgers. Gives a nice oaky flavor.

I like Bushmills 16 year. Also Jameson rarest reserve but its too expensive.

Johnny Double Black all day boys. If papa has money in the bank and or people pitch in, I'll snag some Blue Label.

Makers mark

Well, despite my name, I tend to be a beer drinker, so I haven't delved too deep into Whiskey tasting lol. I've mostly just tried your standard stuff, a few local offerings in places I've been, and the standard walmart/local liquor store gutter swill you find at dive bars and house parties. My favs so far though, are probably Johnnie Walker Black (which I like more than Blue), and Knob Creek Rye Whiskey. Black if I'm in the mood for something a bit smokey, Knob if I'm in the mood for something a bit spicy. Honestly though, if I'm in the mood for a whiskey taste, I'll likely opt for a Goose Island Bourbon County beer instead... when it's available.

1 Like

Pleb here: I'm just sipping gently on my makers mark... Please help me

'+@PH33R && @diluzio91
be careful, that sh#t will make you go blind and build a growing desire to follow Televangelism.
Life's too short to drink bad bourbon or patronize the Brown-Forman swillfolio of products.

@WhiskeyRanger
if you are already going the distance on either of these two large barrel distros. Fork down a few more bucks and pick up a bottle of Basil Hayden. Bourbon doesn't require training wheels, or demand you first spend time in the bush leagues with Makers or Forester before graduating up top Pappy V.W, etc.
...learn what's good and whats not. You'll enjoy it more, and drink less of it. Those "larger production options" are so recipe compromised and this leverage yields tons of residual sugar in the product. its impossible for anything good to come out of the barrel at the end of the aging process. And the sugar sweet liquor is where the bad hangovers come from. I know BF purchases less-than-feeder-quality corn to mash with. And Bourbon is all about three things: corn, water & copper. Corn should be the best available. Water has to be Kentucky only (for a reason). A good, well seasoned, copper still. Theres an old shiners rule that "garbage in = garbage out" ...haha a cross-platform prophecy if you ask me. Enjoy the Basil but if you need a backup to that option grab a bottle of 'Bulleit bourbon.' go to an old flea market and try to fetch some old-style aluminum ice cube trays. boil water, cool slightly, pour water into trays. This will make better (harder) ice cubes. which means will melt slower,

And I thought corn is only for aliens to land in... :)