EVGA 750i FTW or XFX 750i?

yup if your switching mobos your gonna have to format your harddrive

What about all of my programs, music, etc...

put them on an external hd, then put them back on after you've switched mobos

Actually John, it's x8. For both, when in SLI. Grats Sarge, you're the second person who knows. Haha.

back it up to an external harddrive

put your media in an external hdd like me, some programs won't work becauase of the drivers. i don't even bother trying to save the drivers. i just clean everything out and get it over again. (i actually save the installation files, rather than the program itself lol)

the biggest external hd i have is 130gb and my hdd is 500gb, how the fu**k am I supposed to fit that onto a 120gb hd

get a new hdd, internal slave or external and throw in the media. that's the whole point of getting one..

can i not just put it all on a partition?

partition magic, use it. just move your media files out of the C drive partition.

ok, but for my programs and games, would I have to install them all again once I have formatted and installed vista again?

yah well your steam games are all backed up on steam with your achievements etc... only reinstall non steam games

Yes. It's a pain, but it goes by fairly quickly. Omg I'm pissed. The 780i FTW price went back up. $260. Screw that, I might as well go Core i7 then. The 920's cheaper than the Q9550.

ok, I have l4d on a disk because I bought it retail so instead of re-downloading it can I just use the disk to re-install it?

you can still install it using the CD.

ok thanks for all the help guys im gonna start backing up my things as they are collecting my old mobo on monday

k np.