Eric S. Raymond Banned from OSI - there is a war going on

Senpai whip me harder

Probably a bit of fearmongering, but look what keeps happening.

They just keep taking, thatā€™s how marxism do.

We really just need to embrace the Pinochet method. :troll: :helicopter: :arrow_down:

3 Likes

This is pretty accurate

2 Likes

I like the trebuchet method myself

SHOOT DOWN THE FUCKIN WALLS

On other words, get this ā€œIā€™m oppressedā€ bullshit out of my fucking kernel

OH NOW I GET IT yeah lets uh lets get the roflcopters goin

1 Like

Seriously.

Who seriously thinks ā€œshow me the codeā€ is a bad metric.

I donā€™t give a shit who you are, as long as you write good code, Iā€™m cool with you.

I would accept a patch from Hitler if it was solid code.

8 Likes

But my feewings

What fucking child is screaming at their monitor about getting shot down in the kernel submissions because their code is shit

Weā€™re gunna end up like windows

Fuck this Iā€™m making a video

@SEP

2 Likes

Coraline Ada Emkhe

Or whoever.

no pls

Actually Iā€™ll delete that just in case I get in trouble by some retard flagging me later

1 Like

Gotcha back bro

1 Like

Comment from the distrotube video.

7 Likes

I watch this sort of thing happen more and more often and itā€™s getting sort of silly at this point.

We have now seen it with RMS, Linus and now ESR.

Eventually people are just going to tell these people to pound sand. I was told a while back not to post any images of RMS in a Linux based discord server because ā€˜he said some awful things and it triggers peopleā€™.

I am no longer part of that group and wonā€™t associate with them.

If you are so offended at a simple image, (just him laughing), you donā€™t deserve my time.

edit: changed you to ā€˜these peopleā€™

3 Likes

tenor

1 Like

Next time, send them this url :wink:

3 Likes

I prefer the Human Educating Learning Program. Or non-gender specific version

That would have inspired me to post foot lunch.

Holy shit, thatā€™s beautiful.

1 Like

On a feminists pc:

$ which woman
woman: aliased to man

wasting 2 keystrokes to smash through that glass ceiling.

Which, coincidentally only makes more work for her because now thereā€™s glass all over the goddamn floor.

2 Likes
+18

https://streamable.com/64ju6

1 Like

https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/9/20/257

Itā€™s not just about being professional, thatā€™s just a pretense, itā€™s about corporations pushing through things that wouldnā€™t and shouldnā€™t fly in a meritocracy, and just silencing the opposition. They are effectively going full Venom on the bodies that surround the Open Source community, at first seeming to help, but eventually replacing their hosts with their own twisted version.

But honestly what did they expect? That companies hiring devs and funding projects wouldnā€™t be exerting control sooner or later? That these same devs, when they join organisations like OSI (but equally as valid for every single FLOSS project out there) would be impartial and put their principles before their employer?

Ironically the ā€œrealā€ Free Software projects are far less affected by these issues than regular ā€œOpen Sourceā€ for the simple fact that the code is actually owned by the FSF, and that, due to the GPL, these projects are just far less interesting from a corporate perspective. The result is twofold: either corporations try to actually work with devs on equal footing, or they try to replace the Free version with an Open Source version outside of the control of ā€œprincipled zealotsā€.

Hell, some companies just replace anything they canā€™t exert full control over with their own version because they have the moolah and devs to do so.

Because OSI very explicitly isnā€™t about Free Software.

And itā€™s barely the first time that things get forced through with a big middle finger to the community at large. Systemd was a prime example of something that wasnā€™t ready for prime time, that no sensible person would want to run in production when it was released, but ā€œsomehowā€ made it into the mainline of all the big ā€œcouncil runā€ distributions.