Epic Games Hate Thread

No. GOG is 100% separate.

Humble is partnered with steam, giving license keys. You still get DRM free in most cases.

4 Likes

The real issue is steam vs everyone else… since they have an effective monopoly on the market.

I mean… that’s what you’re kind of saying, just if you apply the logic to steam instead.

gog is reportedly having potential financial troubles, meanwhile steam made $4.3 billion in 2017.

3 Likes

This is where my confusion stemmed from

And that’s all fine and dandy, but at the end of the day, more choice = more power

5 Likes

This is all Microsoft’s fault for providing such a popular and stable os and now all these big gaming companies are schlepping on their backs and exploiting the end consumer. I really hope MS goes out of business.

3 Likes

So where is my choice?
Can I buy some games from place other than EPIC?
Hmmm maybe not…
Can I get games on other places than Steam? Yes, everywhere else… Now I choose to buy from GOG and help the competition, because competition means having choice…
Having no choice is literally monopoly…
So we are replacing Steam monopoly with EPIC monopoly for what reason exactly? Because Epic have more money??? Because they are reasonable? Not with statements like that… Nor with practices, that goes contrary to their statements…

2 Likes

I don’t see this, I would agree it is good if the games were being released on Steam and Epic simultaneously or not poached the way Epic did it, but with what is currently happening, I won’t be touching the Epic client at all, along with a few other concerns that affect nobody else so I won’t list them.

5 Likes

OK so its released on both? Steam continue to make billions and keep their effective monopoly. I fail to see your plan here? How do you get people off steam?

Lots of complaining about exclusives, zero solutions for how to get people off steam.

1 Like

Maximum truth.

1 Like

Year of the linux desktop intensifies

1 Like

Epic also aren’t the only ones doing exclusives. Gog do as well. Though im unsure if its working well for them or not. they dont have the big bad corporation theme from gamers though.

Choosing good games? If you don’t like the EPIC line don’t download it. It offers a different market for people to get their games from. Same with EA Origin.

I think your definition of choice isn’t what the conventional definition is. Computer systems, vehicles, burgers…

To win consumers you need to give them reason to consume your shit…
EPIC could just say “we give more to developers”, just like GOG say “DRM FREE” and humble say “money for charity”…
But this obviously is not an option…
Make fortnight exclusive. Make ALL epic games exclusives, I wouldn’t mind. EA, Ubisoft, etc, I don’t care, but buying METRO and Borderlands - no… Then coming out with statements like “we will stop if STEAM gives more money to devs”… What’s next? We will stop if GOG puts DRM in?

5 Likes

What do you want @pete?

2 Likes

but muh games on steam.

GoG tried this. Didnt work. You’re missing the obvious, humans are stupid and cant be arsed. Why do you think steam has been able to get away with being so shit for so many years? They got the gamers early and have been riding that wave ever since. they don’t need to do much because people are lazy fucks.

If what you said was really true, GoG would be taking in the cash. but its just not true.

I was there when gaben forged steam in the fires of mount doom, since the first public beta it was all about one store to rule them all.

Valve are not the good guys.

4 Likes

I just want to be happy, dude…

Oh you mean here? I want to be treated like a human being… They really believe people are idiots if they think somebody believes that garbage. I want an actual competition, so I won’t have to choose Steam or GOG… Now I have to choose EPIC or … nowhere else… Well, I chose nowhere else and I hope epic goes out of business for expecting people to support their lies and garbage…

4 Likes

Only sliiightly better than Microsoft and Sony.

3 Likes

I want a client that doesn’t use electron.

1 Like
1 Like

GOGs issue is, most developers just want their DRM, so they don’t release on GOG…

4 Likes