Epic Games Hate Thread

They probably don’t realize that’s what they’re supporting.

5 Likes

i for one am done with dealing with 3-5 launchers and special DRM from different vendors. i only buy GOG games now. and use steam as my launcher as it has most of the games that i play. done with uplay done with origin and i only ever had epic for 1 game that i almost never played so bye bye epic. give me pure EXE no launcher no login and i am happy. so DRM free or GTFO.

2 Likes

i don’t like steam either, but as a linux user i’m cucked to them

1 Like

How about I support GOG? An actual competition with actual features and actual benefits to the consumer…

2 Likes

Support whomever you wish. Wanting someone to go out of business does not help your case long term.

Just because someone does it better than someone else does not mean the less enticing has 0 merit or benefits.

5 Likes

I agree with that. Epic have some pretty decent games as much as I don’t care about any of them…
But at least EA and Activision don’t make laughable statements the same week their internal crunch practices are revealed…
I get it if you don’t care about their practices or statements, but for some weird reason I do and their bulshit is really making me wish them gone…

1 Like

COUGH jim sterling on sunday COUGH

1 Like

People are very much aware, and people would like viable competition. Competition means an offering that offers more value than another offering.

So far from Epic, there is no competition, just strong arming.
And again, disliking Epic does not equal wanting a monopoly (and noone in this thread this far stated this).

3 Likes

Maybe not outright, but that theme is here, and in every other thread regarding a game launcher. I’m not going to start quoting people and pointing at them to explain themselves, because that’s toxiccc

Steam has had more than a decade to perfect their platform. It’s time to give other companies a chance and not call for their death and rally the mob when something doesn’t work exactly like some other product.

I find the pessimism in tech overreaching and off-putting, to say the least.

1 Like

I will not ever again give any company the benefit of the doubt.

And since Intel, roadmaps are worthless.

1 Like

Wait and see is not benefit of the doubt.

And lmao. It always comes back to Intel.

1 Like

Er… No it doesn’t.
Just because something might be shit doesn’t mean it isnt competing in the same market. All game launcher/platforms whatever you want to call them are competing in the same market, regardless of how good they are.

I’m not a fan of exclusives, but that doesn’t mean its not a good move from Epic. We’ll see how it goes, but steam has had (and still does) a hold of the market for a long time, and their platform is… from the 90s. they rake in the cash at a 30% cut and basically sit there.

the issue is how to you make a dent. Gog doesn’t with their gog connect attempt. Epic are trying exclusives.

You can sit there all day and say ‘look we got games too’ but at the end of the day you have to find a way to make people shift, its not an easy task.

3 Likes

It just so happens Intel changes their roadmaps more often than they introduce new chipsets.

3 Likes

Still better than the competition. After you lob a witty retort or whatever let’s circle this back on topic to the failure of Epic and the gaming monopoly that is Steam.

1 Like

giphy

3 Likes

Not really…
I love GOG… I buy from them. There is competition. Competition that offers me real actual value.
I like the fact Epic gives devs more money. I don’t like all other garbage.

EPIC exclusivity doesn’t mean Steam don’t have that game. It means GOG also do not get that game. It means other stores donb’t get that game.
The thread is not EPIC vs STEAM… The issue here is EPIC vs everyone else…

1 Like

Doesn’t GOG rely on Steam? Same with Humble Bundle?

There are several posts vehemently arguing against Uplay, Origin, etc. Again, I’m not going to call out everyone that has a different opinion, but this is a recurring element.

Steam aquired its user base through half life and half life mods?

If you have a similar service you are a competitor

Literally the entire point of a online game store

Make a compelling reason to use steam thats the point of competition

Ultimately this is good for the gaming community and idk why the SteamSheep cant see that

1 Like

Valve is worse than any of them.

2 Likes

Not at all…
Completely different stores, completely different prices, completely different offerings.
Humble is reseller, yes, but GOG is a store just like Steam, just no DRM in any form…

4 Likes