1 Like

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/LkqVRCKc

I’ve bought from this store before so I trust the quality

Image is of one of the options they even take custom orders if you contact them

1 Like

To be clear, I totally stole that! :stuck_out_tongue:
Just thought it would be useful there. … Or here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not even sure if anyone except AMD can hold rights to that.

Id like to point out that after inspecting that cuttaway and the installation picture from my second post Ive figured out why at idle only one heatpipe gets warm.

Both the chiplets are under the same heatpipe :woman_facepalming:

Sigh there is literally nothing i can do about it, but that part explains the shitty idle temps

1 Like

New heat sink? Personally a 120 aio would be better for this kinda wrapped up like how the ncase, qbx, and like cases hold the rad

Ryzen 3000 could benefit from a vapour chamber cooler.

Not so sure about that.

@MazeFrame

1 Like

@THEkitchenSINK the case I am using is 94mm wide (On the outside)

1 Like

oof i was enthralled by the m.2pcie riser and didnt read my bad but makes me want to see how thin i could make a itx/matx build :thinking:

I’ve been using this motherboard with a 3400g for my Nas so I can use the pcie port for 10gbe in the ftuure, this opens up possibilities for higher core cpus. I’m going to have to tweak a little bit. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Awesome project log! Small and powerful builds are nice. :slight_smile:

Build log part 3: The case

Look What turned up today!

This is what 180CAD plus the extortionate import fees get you.

Lets Get to Test fitting:

As I worried, the PCI-e Riser sits too low in the case, we’ll have to cut the back plate.

Marking up the back plate for sawing (this computer is such a brick I could safely turn it over without removing the GPU)

After removing the back plate for cutting I realized it doesn’t actually make contact with anything this side of the motherboard. So there will be no motherboard vore today. Instead of cutting it I decided to simply omit it from the build completely. I am not overclocking so I am not too concerned about the VRM temperatures.

Second test fit and I can now carfully insert the riser into the card, although it does require some care to do.

I think this was the first build where I have screwed the motherboard in last. Its so tight I needed the wiggle room.

FInally the fans. I have used nearly literally all the space in this case. I have seen prebuilt compact systems less packed in than this.

Last glamour shot before I seal her up.

Let it be known: @SIGSEGV knows how to jam things into tight spaces.

Rate my setup :stuck_out_tongue:

Its not done. That GPU still needs changing, and those fans need to be swapped for something quality, and only one is plugged in as I don’t have a fan splitter. But I probably won’t blog about that. The challenges of the build are complete. Everything just barely fits.

So until next time, I am gonna go find something big to compile on a small PC.

Cya.

14 Likes

+3 for ultrawidw
+2 for wired peripherals
+2 for random GPU on table
-1 for way to clean desk (are you a monk???)
+3 for scope
= 9/10

2 Likes

I cleaned the desk for the picture, normally you can’t see the table. There is literally a pile of electrical parts and paperwork just out of frame.

That is my drinks coaster, its the first GPU I ever killed.

3 Likes

not to spark a thermalpaste debate but i’ve pasted more processors than this entire thread combined… as long as the amount is correct to cover the whole chip placement is irrelivent, placement only becomes relevant is there isn’t enough to spread across the whole IHS… that said OP used enough.

3 Likes

Did OP use to much tho? Cos OP’s thermals are crap, and OP doesn’t know if that’s her fault of if she just tried to cram too much CPU under a too small cooler.

OP is considering rotating the cooler by 90°

uh i kinda skipped through… “too much” has only ever been an issue with icy diamond in my experience combined with coolers that have too much flex. If that’s the case man handling it and just giving it a firm push down fixes it.

1 Like

Might’ve been too much CPU. An NH-L12S keeps my 5820K at 1.2v around 77C max, but 1) pretty sure that CPU is much cooler (though lordy if I put 1.32v through it then it’s an actual furnace) and 2) this is in a Meshify C Mini with 2 front fans and 1 rear, a good bit more airflow, lol.

Yos. Also with correct mounting pressure it really doesn’t matter what you use. Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is pretty much the best, but even cheap pastes are only like 4-6C off, and full on actual toothpaste is only behind by 12C IIRC.

fair enough,

OP will probably rotate her CPU cooler by 90°.

I disabled turbo boost and even then, closed case a prime 95 blend test spikes at 85°C

1 Like