E3 (2017) Announcements/Discussion

I'm surprised that no one has made this topic, oh well. I'll take the low hanging fruit.

EA announcements:

-Madden 2018
-Need For Speed: Payback
-FIFA 2018
-A Way Out
-Anthem
-Battlefront 2 (2018)

Microsoft Announcements:

-The XBOX 1 X (The result of project Scorpio) for $499 USD
-Forza 7
-Super Lucky's Tale
-4k Minecraft with updated shaders
-Assassin's Creed: Origins
-Metro: Exodus
-State of Decay 2
-PUBG on console
-Life is Strange: Before the Storm
-Cuphead
-Black Desert Online goes to console
-Crackdown 3
-Dragon Ball FighterZ
-Deep Rock Galctic
-Ori And The Blind Forest: Will of the Wisps
-Sea of Thieves
-Middle Earth: Shadow of War
-Ashen
-Tacoma
-Code Vein
-The Darwin Project

Bethesda Announcements:

-Doom VFR
-Fallout 4 VR
-Skyrim on Switch with Amiibo support and in game Zelda armor
-The Evil Within 2
-Elder Scrolls Legends (card game)
-Dishonored 2 DLC
-Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

2 Likes

Bethesday just announced creation club. looks like paid mods are back.....they didnt say you pay but thats what it looks like.

Yeah not sure what all that is about. A pretty weak start for them so far, hope they had something worthwhile to add after Microsoft basically knocked it out of the park earlier today.

wow...announced 2 VR titles. Doom VFR (idk why the F) but it looked like the player was teleporting around then Fallout 4 VR. Bunch of garbage about a card game called TES Legends and Skyrim for the Switch. Dishonored 2 DLC, meh. Still waiting for something worth being excited about.

lololol they are trying so hard to make esports look like a an actual sport. Much cringe.

1 Like

Ok, Evil Within 2 had a nice trailer. But I'll reserve my thoughts on it until I see game-play.

Wolf2. Again, meh. I think I just dont like videogames anymore.

No TES 6. Also Pete Hines dropped an F-bomb. What an edge lord.

2 Likes

I don't think Bethesda is done milking the The Elder Scrolls Online yet, sadly. They went whole hog on the MMO idea, and have gone too far to stop now. It will be a while until we see TE6

Trash MMO. However, Bethesda isnt developing the MMO I think thats Zenimax Online.

What happened to Starfield? I was under the impression they were going to announce that game.

Overall, the worst conference I've seen a while. Bethesda must have had an internal malfunction in the planning process for this conference. Something must have fallen through.

Overall, there was no reason to have this conference.

Honestly, I am just waiting for the pc gaming show. That would be kinda all I want to see...
Last year I was interested in pc games and horizon zero dawn. End result - I have not played the console game.. So yeah...
Bethesda can suck on a filthy drain pipe for all I care anymore... Ea and boobysoft already have...

1 Like

Stupid Tim and Eric inspired Twitch sketch comedy here.

WARNING: It is kinda cringy, so click at your own risk. lol

Games I'm looking forward to:
-Assassin's Creed: Origins
-Need for Speed: Payback (because it looks like Burnout)
-Anthem (I actually want proof it's actually open world though.)
-Metro: Exodus
-Cuphead (Don't think I'm actually gonna play it though, cause I'm not buying an Xbox.)

I don't see why people are comparing it to Destiny and the Division. It looks less like an action RPG and more like a regular shooter with co-op. Maybe I wasn't paying that much attention to the demo but it didn't strike me as too similar.

New Wolfenstein and Assassin's Creed look pretty sick. Other than that it's been pretty underwhelming.

1 Like

It will depend a lot on what the main hub (mission control, or whatever you wanna call it) of the game actually adds to the game.

I would agree, with maybe a few other games that I'd add.

I thought the graphics for the new Wolfenstein game looked awful. It looked like what Ubisoft actually releases after telling lies at a gaming show.

Virtual f*cking reality?

As for creed origins I am only looking forward to playing it if the story trailer is good. No point in playing for the gameplay having played all other AC games cause they are the same with some things different here and there. Thoughts?

Yeah, I like the story more than anything else. I think that's the only main selling point the franchise has.
I do like that they are trying different things with Origins. It looks like they are adding skill perks, weapon pick ups, leveling, and other RPG elements. Whether it will make the game better or not has yet to be seen, so I'll wait on the reviews.