E3 (2017) Announcements/Discussion

Thus far the only game at E3 that was remotely interesting was Anthem...but I'm taking that with a huge grain of salt. Since it's probably going to be released only on Origin the chances of me playing it are nil. I guess there is Destiny 2 to look forward to...what sad days ahead for games.

Ubisoft had a really good showing. That Rabbids and Mario game looks like something that could have me playing a strategy game for once. Also with Far Cry 5 having coop and that new AC game having such a large world I am definitely interested in what Ubisoft has to offer.

I understand E3 is over and everything but I have to write this here. While Nintendo didnt have a conference, they had the best showcase via Nintendo Direct in terms of games. Let's hope they get some 3rd parties to make the switch worth buying.

In regards to Nintendo while I am excited about what they are doing with Ubisoft I do not like that new Super Mario Odyssey game from what I have seen of it thus far. There are not enough enemies populating this open world and they are not even difficult. I love open world games. I love the strange mechanics where you can take over the enemy and become them when you have killed them or something. However as I already mentioned Nintendo once again is offering a game that needs choices for how difficult it is for the person playing it. Seriously how hard is it to add easy, medium and hard? C'mon Nintendo.

The game isn't out yet, so I'm gonna reserve my judgment until it comes out. But it does look a little too spread out. I hope it doesn't feel too empty when exploring.

1 Like

You're basing that off one or two trailers? It's a bit premature. Wait for longer, more fleshed out game play videos to confirm that opinion. Also, from watching the E3 trailer, it didn't seem open world in so far that you can walk from area to area. It seems like that Mario ship thing is the "hub," if you will. Then again, it may be too early to say. I haven't see any stage selection up to this point.

you haven't seen any evidence to support that claim. To be fair, I can't recall a Mario game that did offers the choice for difficulty selection. I highly doubt they will support difficulty selection in the game just based off all the Mario games before it. Instead the levels get progressively harder as you make your way through the game. Typically the hardest levels in a Mario game are the special/bonus levels. Make sure you play those....if they put them in the game that is.

Was Mario ever about exploring? It's always been pretty goal oriented. Maybe this one will be different!

hyped for vampyr, wolfenstein, star wars battlefront 2v2, metro, and middle earth. also as to the besthesda thing, i think it could be implemented well in a way that benefits everyone, but it also could be horrible.
ideally they would scour the nexus for great modders like misoko, deserterX, and the girl who makes all the house mods and give them money and some programmers who worked on the original and know it inside and out then go to town making the best mods ever which are really dlc. this could be in the season pass thingy or you could buy the individual things. these would not be things like an armor mod or monster, but something big like vault 1080 or falaskarr. meanwhile everyone else modding would continue as usual or more so in the hopes of getting the big bucks from bethesda to do it as a job. ideally.
or bethesda could be greedy bastards.

1 Like

Always a possibility.

OK, they have finally announced a Monster Hunter game on PC...
Proceed to having an erection... Erection having - engaged. Erection - 100% power...

Lol, can't wait for that!

Well, they showed some gameplay, so it shouldn't take more than an year...