Does anybody else even own one of these?

I have an an intel S1600JP4. It boots, but using IPMI failed, and getting PCIe devices working fails (bought it without the proprietary risers). Pictures I’ve seen of the risers don’t show any sort EEPROM or anything, so it has to be something basic to enable devices/slots; intel’s own documentaion says the slots are non standard and shows all the data pairs in the same place as standard. And before anybody mentions the risers availability on eBay, let me mention the budget of practically $0 here. Paid $40 for the board and $20 for the CPU (E5-2670).

1 Like

The answer is to short “riser ID 1” to ground. I also covered all but the x1 pins; there are extra “reference clock” pairs and a few other things I didn’t want to contend with. Should be able to get an ordinary riser, cut traces for extra stuff, and short pin A50 to one or both of the adjacent ground pins for it to just work. Video to come after I upload to YouTube.

3 Likes

1 Like
2 Likes

For pinout and other info - go here

Then ctrl+F for all mentions of “slot 1”. The pinout starts just after the last mention. Compare that to Wikipedia’s listed pinout. PCI Express - Wikipedia

1 Like

i like the CPU cooler on the GPU! looks like you stabbed that mobo in to case and made it work too

That’s not a CPU cooler, just a different fan. I do have a Tesla M40 with a Noctua NH-L12 though

2 Likes

So for 12 days now I’ve had the 6770 running in that slot. Soldered a wire between the pins on back of motherboard, no tape covering other pins. Only runs at gen 2 16X because the card is old; also tried a Tesla M40 which wouldn’t run at gen 3…

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.