Do you have a Tek vynl on your car?

Love that version of UT... :D

1 Like

Points to you, sir!

nice placement. I like it.

Here's mine. Been on for a few months now. Holding up well the the sun and heat of Central California...

edit: I've been debating about putting the smaller "Tek Syndicate" logo on the upper middle window...but I kind of want just the letters not the black surround. I guess I could cut them out and try that...

I forgot I got one from you awesome dudes at quake con. When I get home I'll put it on.

1 Like

Here is my car

Thanks @imaximus for making this!

3 Likes

@imaximus I think mine might've been yours as well. I can't remember. I know I picked up a big one from you but that was the solid painted one, not a silhouetted decal.

1 Like

whoa, where'd you get one that size?

@imaximus made these, and was generous enough to give them away at QuakeCon.

1 Like

I'll get one, just as soon as I get a car.

2 Likes

@imaximus also made this beauty:

3 Likes

photo creds: Me

:P

also:

That peeling feeling

I didn't 100% realize I was covering up part of the brake light.... I'll probably replace it for a bigger one on the side

It's not done yet, but this is totally happening. ;)

6 Likes

TIL that I am an awesome dude. Winning.

Yup, I made them all.

Also, pro tip for installing decals like these. There is a lot of fine detail in the burning earth logo, so to help prevent accidents and oopsies, be sure to clean the surface area super well, windex or similar is fine, and then make sure the surface is totally dry

Next apply starting from one end working your way to the opposite end (in the burning earth's case, I'd go from the bottom up and a slight angle with the tilt of the logo). Then the most important part, GENTLY peel the transfer tape from the bottom up staying flat or parallel to the surface if you can. Go slow and take your time. All those little tiny flames and islands can easily get lost during this part.

Then your done!

This stuff is awesome. I actually don't have a decal on anything. I am REALLY bad at installing that stuff; it would be crooked. Anyway, I'll have them install one when I get my windows tinted.

3 Likes

I fortunately had these horizontal lines on my back windshield. So I just lined up the bottom flat part to that and only had to worry about left to right alignment

Is that 'shopped or is that in progress?!

It's shopped. But I will be posting pictures soon of the real thing when it's done. That's not even my car in the picture, but it's exactly like mine, except my windows aren't tinted (yet). I may go get them tinted this weekend, and possibly install it this weekend. I got approval from my boss to do it, which was the tricky part. Dunno if he wants a giant burning earth car in the parking lot of our store every day haha.

Wow these look great if done properly. I should probably get my car fixed up mechanically before doing cosmetic stuff though :(

Car is really sluggish during daytime, but when used in cold temperatures and at night it goes like hell. Faulty electric air sensor gubbins methinks.

Man I would totally love a larger one. (check your dirty minds at the door)

Seriously though...about double the size of the one in the store would be perfect. Also...am I just a tard or is there a version with the flame to the right instead of to the left?