Do you get into metal? Or does it just grab onto you?

you need something with some rhythm to draw you in.

Have to say that 'Metalocalypse' is what got me into Metal. Made a Dethklok station on Pandora which I feel is a nice free avenue to explore similar artists and introduce you to new things. Like Amon Amarth now as well. Prefer the fun stuff, less so the dark stuff (that being relative I suppose).

2 Likes

POWERMETAL?!?!

DragonForce!

Crimson Shadows!

Edit:

Sabaton!?

Forgot the gem.

You sir, are goddamn right. Sabaton are brain meltingly fucking awesome. Hammerfall also.

1 Like

Sorry mate, while I really appreciate the response, it's just a little too dark for me. Power metal is the way I'm headed :)

Always was a children of bodom fan, normally more into metallica/megadeth etc but the "children of bodom guitar wankery" is called that for a good reason.

1 Like

Fuckin' CoB fuck yeah! I love the way they implement the keyboard. Especially in this song.

In flames pre 2000 (earlier than clayman album) grips me every time its my all time favorite bands and gets me no matter what mood im in.

This is slowly turning into a metal appreciation thread. haha

2 Likes

Well then let's mention Gojira because they are just perfect

2 Likes

I have absolutely no problem with that xD

I think metal is like coffee or beer, it's an acquired taste. There's always going to be pop like chart toppers that anyone can like instantly and it's great that music can be so accessible. Music can also be technically complex or explore ideologies. It can be a personal experience or be shared. Don't be afraid to try new things, or to let music touch your soul and challenge your mind.

There's also this thread for those looking for metal.

I update it from time to time, with new things i discover. others have posted their recommendations as well here

https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/unofficial-metal-recommendation-thread-are-you-looking-for-metal/69183

2 Likes

I've used that exact analogy before, when a family member heard me listening to Carach Angren lol.

1 Like

I'm actually lurking there right now, finding more good music.

the only thing that sucks about the thread is that i made it back when we were still on the old forum. all the youtube links on all the posts prior to switch to the new forum aren't showing up.

Yeah I noticed. Kind of a bummer.

I listen to power metal also.

Still think you should give the heavier stuff a try shadows fall was my gate way into it.

Seriously under rated band.

2 Likes

Through the gates of hell...as we make our way to heaven...through the Nazi lines......PRIMO VICTORIA! I remember Sabaton. Good stuff.

3 Likes