Do the KVMs have the ability to change KM seperatly from V

I currently have 2 separate switching devices. 1 USB switcher for KM and 1 DP switcher. This is because I have work laptop and my home PC. I have 1 monitor that is always connected to home PC and a 2nd monitor that I switch between the 2 depending on what I am working on (Also use the laptop screen). I can then switch the KM to either machine without changing that monitor.

This works great for what I need except no shortcuts for easy switching. I switch KM often but the monitor only changes a couple times a day. I did see you have some shortcuts that stop the USB from moving with the switching, but does that include the HID USB or just the extra USB?
Also for my use case doesn’t seem those shortcuts would allow easy fast switching of just the KM, is this something that is possible?

Thanks
Tim

I know this answer is not really on point, but, if you’re on Windows, have you tried PowerToys and Mouse Without Borders?

It allows you to pair two machines and move seamlessly keyboard and mouse between the two of them as if you were moving between two screens on the same machine. Or it can move control between the two machines through a shortcut.

This sounds similar to a recent topic:

1 Like

Thanks for the option but not valid for me as can’t install it on work PC as well as when work PC connected to VPN it can’t talk to local machines on the network, so wouldn’t work.

Fair enough. I also use a VPN for work, but you can still access the local network like usual if you use a VPN. This may become useful in the future who knows!
Good luck on your search.

Maybe take the one that does mouse roaming

It only does KM though, but if it’s only a few times a day for the video it’s okay I guess.

I have the EXACT same setup as you, even if I have no KVM nor switcher and just have two keyboards and mouses …