Welcome to my blog. It’s in progress and the project is not finished yet. Mainly because I lack in parts and china is far away… .
So the motivation behind this project is replacing an old power hungry radio “tower” for a modern internet radio with touchscreen and remote control. There is also Plex server music streaming which I will be using.
I am actually far into the project. Everything is already connected and works. But it’s just a mess because I can’t print the housing without measuring the connectors first (Banana, RCA, Power, Button switch…).
What I have:
- Raspberry Pi 3
- HiFiBerry DAC+ pro
- Waveshare 7 inch 1024x600 Capacitive
- 2x TPA3116 D2 TPA3116DA DC 12V-24V 100W Mono Channel
- Step down converter from 12v-24v to 5V for rpi3
- 5V 2.4A power supply for rpi3 (temporary)
- 19V 4.74A power supply for AMPs (temporary)
What I need:
- 2x RCA for AUX in
- 4x banana for amp to speaker connection
- 2x NC Relay
- Toggle Relay
- Momentary button switch
- Power plug female for external 24V
- HDMI ribbon cable
- Micro USB cable 90 deg angle
How it’s gonna look (SketchUp):
NodeMCU intergration, AUX-IN and other features will be documented along the way. To Be Continued…
Well stuff still didn’t arrived so I threw in my cheap stepdown converter to test out. I have to say to myself this looks good. I am thinking of putting plexiglass on top to show the internals. Only part that I am worried is the HDMI cable. I bought an angled ribbon connector and cable. It’s slim and small but the worst case scenario is cutting the top to get the ribbon cable through if it can’t be squeezed inside. The next update will probably be the finished product. Hopefully soon.