Devember 2021

Where is the Devember 2021 information post mentioned in the news videos?

Also why no devember2021 tags available?

I do see some [Devember2021] posts in Development/Code but they are all projects, and search does not bring back anything extra.

Should there be a Devember sub forum in the Development section (or here in Events maybe), with further year based sub sub forums, just to make organising and searching easier, even if its only for registering something (with the actual project being in Code as they are ATM) and asking Devember based questions (like this one)?

Cheers

Paul

3 Likes

Hiya not a mod, but maybe can help a little…

Tag now available… (kinda might need people to add them to threads.)

Once you have posted a few more posts, you should (re?)gain the title “regular” and then you can also create tags, and tag existing posts.
Please feel free to start a thread for your project, it looks like people already started…

thanks for info.

so if i dont post regularly I loose user privileges?

I was going to start a thread for my project, but I wanted to see this “information” mentioned in the news videos first (about Devember 2021) which led me to make the OP.

thanks for the tag, yeah others will have to add it now (if they notice its available).

1 Like

Yeah, the Discorse software can add, and removes stuff for people depending on their activity.

The thread usually appears mid November… This year it seems people are really enthusiastic about the Devember event, and that is nice. But they got a bit overenthusiastic. I think it’s a bit too early to start, but it depends on the size of the project.
Anyways, the thread will appear sometime mid november or around that time.

1 Like

Again, people are asking because the news videos make it sound like a thread is already up.

Wendell near the start of the newest vid “we’re kicking off devember a little early.” “If you want to think of it as hacktober leading into devember that’s totally fine. We got a devember thread on the forum”

Ryan near the end of the video about rules questions: “go to the forum and look at it”

3 Likes

Your name brings smile to my face. Thank you Sir or Madam or inbetween…

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one confused. I was under the impression there was a forum post already up as well. When I saw there wasn’t one linked in the last news videos, figured it was time to dive in.

Will just read last year’s post for a basic understanding.

Hi. I’m new here and came because I’m considering joining Devember.

What is the reasoning behind making a thread about it only halfway through November when the thing is supposed to run throughout November? Wouldn’t it make sense to make a thread about it at the start of November at the latest?

1 Like

it’s suppose to run through december and the reason is over excitement. If the project is big for you (I know mine is way over my skill level) then what is the harm starting early? The goal is to activate some excitement into the community and more importantly, it’s a learning experience.
Although it’s absolutely up to you if you want to start early or hold on for the proper time window.

Oh it runs throughout December? Then it makes more sense. I thought it would run through November.
Going by the name, De[vember] is closer to No[vember] than to Dec[ember].
Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

You literally change a single letter in December…
What’cha planning to make?

Oh, from that perspective you are right. I think the v, common in November and Devember, had the stronger pull for me.

I already posted one of my ideas: Devember 2021 - 3D Archery counter for the PinePhone
It is not super ambitious but there are a couple of things I need to learn along the way. Also it’s something with relatively well defined set of features, so I can probably call it done at some point.

What do you plan to make?

Basically a cooking recipe program. More of a storage than anything else.

I, Mark , will participate to the next Devember. My Devember will be programming . I promise I will program for my Devember for at least an hour, every day of the next December. I will also write a daily public devlog and will make the produced code publicly available on the internet. No matter what, I will keep my promise.`

*Tic Tac Toe for DOS -> Tic Tac Toe for Windows -> Tic Tac Toe for WEB -> Tic Tac Toe -> serverless interface

if that is multiplayer, and you can be a user on any one of those platforms, that would be a really great (ie useful) project. If it is not multiplayer (ie users have to be on the same platform) is still a nice learning experience from a programming + infrastructure point of view.

Either way, looking forward to it.