My project for this years Devember is a Zelda-like game (NES / SNES style) currently titled Project QFTLC. I have wanted to work on a project like this for many years now and I think my experience level is high enough to finally make a good go of it. Another reason I chose to work on this project is the lack of zelda-like games out there.
I will be streaming / recording each day to document my progress.
- An Overworld to explore.
- At least 1 Dungeon to complete.
- Some basic Enemies / Threats to overcome.
- Some basic Items (Treasures) to find, which allow access to new areas / allow defeating certain enemies.
Things I would like to add that may not be possible before the end of December.
- Map / Adventure Editor, effectively making this an engine where people can make their own adventures.
- Procedural content, one of the down sides of zelda-likes is their replay-ability, try and come up with ways of making the Overworld / Dungeons / Puzzles procedurally generated.