Debian 10 Buster Released

@SesameStreetThug @Adubs @redgek we da bes’

1 Like

> 4.19

Taken care of.

5 Likes

I’ll get it closer to or on the weekend :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lmfao. This level of admin abuse deserves it’s own badge. You, sir, are the champion we’ve been needing.

Lulz no worries. Have fun with your Arch box.

WHILE YOU CAN. :wink:

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Just a joke, lol.

Oh nice, sweet runtime :grin: How often do you -Syyu?

That’s the joke. If it were admin abuse, thered be an orange letter icon. Anyone can type the words “official Warning” that doesn’t make it one.

1 Like

once or twice a week once a week or two, but we should keep pacman out of poor plebian debian thread.

3 Likes

@AnotherDev how are you liking plasma 5.14?

1 Like

I, uh, well, at work I, um, I use … >_>;

Will let you know on KDE tonight, though :wink: :wink: :wink:

i dont follow gnome closely enough to know what features they removed added in 3.30

1 Like

Lmao your pre-strikethrough is accurate. I add Arc Menu and Dash to Dock and other than that I am :ok_hand: It’s basically XFCE with GTK3 lulz.

No tearing on this box, though, and I’ve been in the upgrade for like an hour. It’s never consistent, but I usually notice it within the first hour. We’ll see.

that’s a good sign, interested to see if you start getting tearing on KDE too. I’ve got to check if my cups server still works but i need to buy yellow ink because HP cant fathom what printing black&white would be like

1 Like

Pissening. Epson does this too.

Yeah, definitely. So far I’m pretty excited for what the future holds. No idea if I’m going to install Debian or FreeBSD on my TR build but I have a while to figure it out I guess lol.

It all comes down to the purpose I guess. But I’m a BSDlet that hasn’t been able to find a purpose for BSD on anything other than my router.

1 Like

Don’t let your dreams be dreams.

https://www.debian.org/ports/kfreebsd-gnu/

New Debian feels like it is a sign I need to build my server.

1 Like

Lmao. I’ve strongly considered this. Can’t install Golang on that, though, for better or worse:

FreeBSD 10.3 or later | amd64, 386 | Debian GNU/kFreeBSD not supported

I work with Go enough to where that would be a problem. “Use C”, you might say, but muh friends.

I even sent them the “Write in C” music video.

Google’s Meme language?

2 Likes

I think you’re thinking of Dart. Unless you mean their adorable mascot?

1 Like