- Back light : LED
- Display Ratio : 16:9
- Responding Speed : 5ms (GTG)
- Input : HDMI (2.0) x 3, RF x 1, USB, D-SUB, DP Ver 1.2, Audio IN/OUT, SPDIF
- Speakers : Yes.
- VESA Mount : 100 x 100 mm.

Link to advertisement.

Questions:
- RGB or BGR? > RGB according to seller.
- PWM issues?

This got posted yesterday on US eBay and on Amazon Japan the day before.

What is "PV" panel? Same as PVA?

I love the white metal casing, but nervous about pulling the trigger without knowing the subpixel layout as I have a hackintosh .

Hopefully these units will be reviewed before they disappear....

I have to say; I'm not a fan of the logo on the bottom. In this regard, the Mango Wasabiz are much nicer. However, I think this might be a really good one. It seems that the people at Crossover are paying attention to what the customer wants. (4k, 60+hz, no input lag, no PWM, and DP).

UPDATE: Crossover 405k Hands-On Review Below!! (LINK)

I've got an offer to the seller for this - we'll see if he accepts. Notice that this has TWO DisplayPort ports on it - that's not something I've seen on these Korean panels before.

Any updates? Did you get a panel?

Still negotiating a price.

Crossover and Wasabi Mango are the same company.

My UHD400's international declaration form had "Crossover UHD400" written on it. This possibly uses the same panel with a new 2x DP controller board.

1 Like

Doubtful, since this panel is referred to as a "PV" type. Most likely this means PVA which is made by Samsung. Most of the other 40 inches are MVA panels made by LG, if I'm not mistaken (if I am please correct me), so this would seem to be a new panel not yet seen in Korean 40 inchers.

Lets hope that it is indeed a new panel. It would be really nice to have an RGB 40 inch no PWM, no input lag monitor.

Would like to see these guys and WM offer a DP1.3 screen with 120hz... Hopefully by end of year we get those.

2 Likes

It'd probably be 1.4 at this point.

It's been a while since I've gotten a response from the sellers. I've now had 3 offers expire with no response from 2 different sellers. :-/

Got a pixel perfect ordered. I'm hoping it arrives this week.

UPDATE: Edits in bold below. But I recommend you instead jump to this post lower down for the best information.

I've had a bunch of people PM me asking about this so thought I'd update the thread.

I purchased this on Sunday night (all times are EST time). I got a tracking number insanely early on Tuesday morning (~28 hours later). That tracking number has essentially said nothing until this morning (Thursday) where it essentially said it was shipped off yesterday and is now in customs (or equiv) overseas - not in the US. However, the UPS tracking number is not giving an ETA for delivery so I don't really know when to expect it to be delivered at this point. They sure took their sweet time from me ordering it (Monday at noon their time) until they gave it to UPS (Thursday at 4:30pm), but hopefully there's still a chance at tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath but it would be nice.

In the meantime, here is what I will be able to provide quick feedback on:
1) Subpixel arrangement - BGR (tested via DSLR photo - got the subpixels in perfect focus to remove all doubt)
2) Opinion of input lag - Nothing noticeable while hopping around in Windows. It's fine for Productivity purposes.
3) General opinion of various things
4) PWM observations - None that I can see so far but haven't yet tested with brightness down.
5) Provide some photos as well as clear up some basic questions.

With another day or two I should be able to provide specific feedback on these things:
1) Image Retention during software development
2) More accurate but not perfect input lag measurements - I took 10 pictures with screens duplicated across the 405k and my Acer K272HULbmiidp display (claims of 40ms input lag - I don't know if that's accurate). 80% of the pictures show identical numbers on a countdown and the other 20% of pictures show the 405k trailing by 16ms. So I would have to say that the input lag is on par with the Acer. Sorry but this is the most accurate input lag test I can perform.
3) Various image retention/motion blur tests (UFO, etc).
4) Color banding, etc. tests.
5) Useless opinion on colors (I'm partially color-blind and have no color calibration equipment so unfortunately you'll have to wait for somebody else to chime in on this). Colors are washed out. Nowhere near as good as my Acer K272HUL.

If anybody has any specific tests you want me to run or questions you want answered, please chime in and start piling them up and I'll work through them as soon as I can after the screen arrives!

2 Likes

UPS says I get this tomorrow. Hope so! :-D

1 Like

Fingers crossed UPS won't mess this up.

It showed up! Won't get to open it until really late tonight (meetings then a concert) but I see no damage of consequence to the packaging. Hope to post some initial info tonight ~midnight EST.

1 Like

Had a meeting end early so I opened the box. Only 1 DisplayPort port, permanently attached Korean power cable + US adapter, English remote, lightweight and thin. Bezel us white, not silver (white on the front and back, silver/metal frame on the sides, top, and bottom). Not yet plugged it in.

I updated my post above with some additional answers for people. I'll post a real overview of the monitor this weekend along with some photos but hopefully some of these answers help people:

I actually don't mind having the white bezel or the logo, but I'm also not gaming with dark screens where it would mostly be a problem.

1 Like

@Jaxidian:
I wonder how you determined it was BGR without opening up the box yet. Is there another review out there?

" 1) Subpixel arrangement - BGR (tested via DSLR photo - got the subpixels in perfect focus to remove all doubt)"

Cheers!

I opened up the box, plugged it in, and tested it then went back and edited that post. I had been up for 23 hours at that point and just wanted to dump some info here and get to bed. ;-)

I'll be posting some more info today including some more PWM tests (I had actually tried last night but changing the setting that I thought was the brightness (30%-100%) didn't really make any visual change so I stopped trying and went to bed.