Crit changed back to TekSyndicate

i think most people here are basically done with anything to do with Crit. i know i am. the forum going down and all of that was enough to satisfy even the curiosity for drama in me. i'm completely uninterested in what Logan does.

and like i said right after it happened, i think we should avoid looking over the fence every time we hear something. Crit is Crit, and L1T is L1T. some people enough both, but i have zero interest in what they're doing, and they should be free to do whatever content they want without feeling they're being silently judged.

things happened, it got boring extremely quickly, and most of us have moved on.
that's all that needs to be said, really.

5 Likes

I can only second @Grim_Reaper's statements. In the beginning I tried watching a few videos, but I quickly lost interest in them. I think the problem might be his team, because no one is an expert in anything.
When watching L1T I learn something new, the state of PCIe passthrough on Ryzen for instance. But when watching Crit it is often just random talk with a few puns in between.

The only purpose of this question was to try and bring attention to the clearly confusing "Channel names" to "You Tube URL" that now exists as Crit has changed its name to TekSyndicate.

So:

Level1Techs = youtube.com/user/teksyndicate
The Artist formally know as Crit (Now TekSyndicate) youtube.com/user/razetheworld

My hope was there is a contract/gentleman's agreement in place or its was just an error as it sure as hell is missleading if you happen to be new to both channels and did not witness the split.

1 Like

Same. Boring content that offers nothing of value and boring "personalities". Aside from Logan of course, but he's not enough.

Well its what it was meant to be, a syndicate of technology channels. I mean is that not the goal?

Personally I've been a bit beat down since the whole split last year. Yeah L1 is ok, but everything feels like a suit now. Theres less fun now with projects and stuff and more "Help me do my homework" or "Build my PC for me" or "Whats a linux and a penguin have to do with my windows crashing bwahahahahaoethaoteha". Its all just.... Dead to me. I don't see things like my Precision 670 build or.... Who did the suitcase machine? Was that @kewldude007? I forget but that was REALLY cool.

I try to throw projects up every once in a while but its like 5 people look and meh. I guess its a downer to me when one project would inspire another 20 projects would inspire another 30 or something.... Where did all that go? Did people just say fuck this and quit?

Its all very boring now. I'd post more shit more often if it wasn't just going to be kicked to the back corner :\ can't even hardly get any comments on anything anymore unless its political or dramatic. So many fucking lurkers now. Way more than before.

I just want old TS back man. Its fucking stupid and boring around here now.

7 Likes

It's because the original channel was called razethew0rld rather than tek syndicate. The L1T channel was the hardware channel they made later, so I presume they just used tek syndicate for it, so no one would take it, or just because it was the name they had on hand.

1 Like

THIS is so true i know Wendel and others have a job and the whole youtube is just a hobby. IMO when the split happend we lost everything. This forum has gone down hill too really fast after that. The feedback is poor when you do a project. Only on the Lounge are people around and active.

2 Likes

When I can look down at the suggested topics on every thread and see this

I'm not excited about using this forum.

6 Likes

PLUG start: Maybe this will help. My project: "https://forum.level1techs.com/t/virtualizing-a-100-years-old-house-july-morning-challenge/117101" PLUG end.

For the topic of Names it's just normal to use the Tek Syndicate brand heck it's really strong and the burning earth that shit is so cool i would stick it on my motorbike.

3 Likes

Logan and the Crit guys can do as they please, lets just keep to our selves and let them be. No reason to start flaming anyone.

1 Like

It is definitely different. It's up to you whether or not it's good. It is definitely more serious around here than before. Little more autism going around. Which isn't bad, I'm a little aspy myself but there's a serious lack of humor around here compared to before the split.

Only difference is no political discussion here unless technology related, and that's understandable. Those tend to cause some insane flame wars. They were also some of the most popular threads and would build turmoil between users.

1 Like

Eh, it's overkill. Mods are too active here, IMO. Politics should exist and if you don't want to read/post it don't. This way it stays in the thread that was made for it and not spill everywhere else. My two cents. Can't you filter out posts tagged with specific topics/keywords or whatever?

I didn't really post or lurk back in the teksyndicate days so I have nothing to compare it too. L1T is decent forum though.

That L2T video was hilarious tho

2 Likes

Why is this thread in 'Tech Policy &News' ? Better yet, why is this a thread?!

1 Like

The man keepin' everyone down /s

1 Like

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

I started it in Tech Policy as I was asking about the agreement that was struck when Tek Syndicate separated as the present name change of Crit back to Tek Syndicate causes confusion and I wondered if it was in breach of the agreement, thus it appeared a reasonable question and a reasonable section to place it in as its Policy/contract.

1 Like

Well they have their own forum.
if you dont like it here anymore, maybe you could also take a look there if you like.
I mean people are free to go and watch whatever chanel or community they like.

4 Likes

Didn't expect that level of passive aggressiveness to come from a mod :slight_smile:

You edited and now it's slightly less to take the edge off. Pro!

1 Like

What are you looking to see? What topics are of interest to you? Where do you typically get your News from?

1 Like