Crit changed back to TekSyndicate

First off Sorry to be "That Guy" in this regard, but has anyone else noticed how Crit has all of a sudden changed back to the name TekSyndicate? Now I am not completely in the know to the agreement that was struck upon the split, however does this now mean Wendel can get all the capital investment back from Logan now? Or is it just "Let it be", "Move along as Level1 is really doing well and has become a delightful place to share and laugh"? ps. I would love to see a parody followup to "Fucking Gorgeous", but with a paddling pool of M&M's?

5 Likes

Yes already noted in last months lounge. :slight_smile:

ok, thanks for the quick response

I think it was noted in the passing basically yesterday, I just thought it was fun to be able to say 'last months lounge' instead. :grin: Might still be worth a discussion although then again I think it's between Wendell and Logan. Certainly not my business.

Agreed on the "not my business", this is more of a notification instead of the desire for a debate. Although at first I thought my "YouTube" might be in error (eg. An old cache server asserting itself) however at the least its not me just being a bit loopy .

Just the YouTube channel I'm guessing. Not bringing the teksyndicate forum back is he?

@littlegill This is interesting, because the level1techs YouTube url is still YouTube.com/user/teksyndicate. I'd be curious to know who owns the rights to the name.

No idea, I was not impressed with Crit.TV so stopped watching, last one I watched involved Logan and a plant.

3 Likes

Alas No idea and let us hope this is just 1. an error 2. An amicable agreement between two past work colleages who strive to be gentlemen about it.

1 Like

I doubt it. Patreon page is changed as well.
Tech channel aggregator on teksyndicate.com seems to look even more shady now, doesn't it?

1 Like

@dmj yoooo I haven't kept up with TekSyndicate.com, that's actually pretty cool! It's an actual syndicate. I'm really curious what all is going on behind the scenes.

1 Like

Interesting, i thought that the whole point of everyone moving away from the Tek syndicate name was to show that the old group was no more and that it was split up? (Might have misunderstood something here, if so please let me know). I know its really is "none of my buisness" but i can't help but wonder why logan(If it was him) did this and what he hopes to achieve wih this

@NielsKarsten That's what I though too. I sort of dig what they're doing now though.

Absolutely. Looking at the last few dozen videos and the viewcount... this looks desperate. Logans weekly thing is one quarter the views compared to the old the tek. For good reason. Just another dick move....

So it looks like Logan kept razethew0rld, Wendell kep teksyndicate. His channel description still says Crit anyway. it does seem pretty desperate, considering he hasn't made any actual branding changes other than the channel name.

EDIT: I checked razethew0rld's stats on social blade, and he's taken a subscriber hit after 2 of the last 3 Crit shows... The only sub hits he takes are after he uploads a Crit show.

Is it sad that I'm sorta excited about that :confused:

Huh... I don't really care how the name is used. I think most of us have moved on anyway. But does he have the right to use it? I can't answer that, but it's still interesting nonetheless 🤷‍♂️

Well usage is a key point, given issues in regard to "Trademarks" plus the added complication of YouTube URL. As preventing confussion between different entities is key in any business.

It's interesting that his channel still has ~575 000 subscribers but nobody is actually watching his videos. I tried watching them few times and they are either a mess or just boring. He talks about one topic for 30 seconds then makes few jokes and then segway to new topic. Idk his attention span to complicated topics is very short and I'm not really amused by board games either.

This is what is says on their website Regarding Tek Syndicate.

In the heat of dispute, both Wendell and Logan made public statements about the other that were harmful and factually inaccurate. Both wish to officially retract all accusations of wrong doing and apologize to the other.

Really? I don't remember Wendell saying anything harmful lol.

3 Likes

Logan kept both.

Yes.

https://teksyndicate.com/regarding-tek-syndicate/

Statement from all involved:

Due to creative differences regarding the future of Tek Syndicate, LLC, and all associated websites, forums and content, Logan and Wendell have decided to move forward in separate endeavors, with Logan continuing on as Tek Syndicate and Crit.tv, and Wendell moving forward with his own projects.

For anybody that stumbles upon this in the future and in the hopes we don't have another eleventeen more threads about this topic:

Logan kept the rights to Tek Syndicate, razethew0rld, and the main YouTube channel.

Wendell kept the rights to the forum, Hardware, Enterprise, and Linux YouTube channels.

6 Likes