Crit changed back to TekSyndicate

Well its not ment to be aggressive in anyway.
Its just that things have gone the way they have gone and everybody knows that.
We are 2 different communities now, and people are free to go and watch whatever they want.
And i totally understand if people say that things arent the same as they were before.
But thats how it is, two different communities with two different visions.

But this is not the topic to complain or rant about our community.
This topic is just about a name change of a diffrent tech community.
Which we dont have any involvement with anymore.

If people have complaints about our community,
they are free to create a topic about it.
And the mods and staff will look into the things that you guys like or dont like.
And are allways looking for improvements for our community.
But like i said, this is not the topic for that obviously.

1 Like

I wouldn't even consider Crit a community at this point. Maybe a small group of friends.

1 Like

Typically? The local news, CSPAN, and my RSS feed.

Maybe i dont know what Logan and his team's vision for their community is.
I wish them all the best with whatever direction they are heading.

But if their name change back to TekSyndicate, would have any juridical consequences.
I think that was what the main question of @littlegill was about.
I personally dont know, wendell could eventually answer that if he wants to.
But i dont think so, since their original youtube channel was razetheworld.
But yeah wendell eventually could give the final answer to that.

2 Likes

Must've been the Dutch coming out.

Yeah, I heard 'em coming from a mile away

bada bing!

1 Like

I guess this will wake up the hateful trolls from under neath their rocks, so we will have to put up with a period of those comments on their videos for a while, you know the ones were someone watches 1-second of the video and then immediately posts some stupid hate post about something...

You are correct, it was a form of notification/question (Of which an answer is not demanded as its "business stuff"), however I do recall Wendel did exchange a sizable financial stake in their original company to retain the forum and that both parties would go their separate ways under new names (If L1T was not youtube.com/user/TekSyndicate I would probably not raised it as there would not be a possible confusion between the 2 separate entities)

1 Like

Yep i can see your concernings.
Maybe @wendell could give you the right answer to that,
if he feel the need for that.

I don't think L1T is concerned, the split has worked out quite well for Wendells team. It will be interesting to see if Logan survives all this or ends up being a mums basement youtuber sometime in the future LOL.

This isn't a whose channel is better debate people... both sides left on good terms in the end and any other speculation is hearsay.

Going to lock it before it turns into a turdnado.

5 Likes

Sorry, just saw this thread. If they want to go by the old moniker again, that's fine. My personal opinions aside, our Level1 channel (youtube.com/user/teksyndicate) has been rebranded to the extent possible within youtube's system. Any action taken that harms our channel would be actionable. As far as I know, and we asked our MCN, but what we have now is a youtube.com/level1techs alias of the user account with whch the channel is associated and that is the extent to which it is possible for us to rebrand and still retain the value in the asset.

Any confusion arising as a result of youtube.com/user/teksyndicate being level1, and the extent to which we are able to rebrand , I believe to have already been addressed in writing as acceptable and the url was a known limitation to all parties at the time of execution of the agreement. It's a bit of a double edged sword. Nothing I might do now, no matter how much I might want it, would fully retroactively disassociate myself with past associations, and unfortunately especially not something I help build.

If this becomes an issue I will be quite surprised.

That said, we are working on our humor. Ryan's humor is quite dark, but sometimes very subtle and easy to miss. I like it. :smiley: so a bit different flavor.

33 Likes