Corvette Corner

This. I feel like if I’m going to have the roar of a combustion engine then I want the full effect with the manual transmission. However, electric motors are definitely the future and as far as I know there’s no need to complex transmissions since we get full torque from a dead stop.

1 Like

My plan is for my next daily to be an electric and my next weekend car to be an absolute monster. I’m considering a blackwing or a c7 or something of that caliber, and I really like the Ioniq 5’s reviews so far, so I’m probably going to look at one of those in the next few years, after battery tech improves a bit.

1 Like

No they have a reason. its douche bag factor and tbch I had enough friends that when I wanted to I could take someone out in one back in Boise and you could be the douchiest motherfucker around and it worked.

Car has a reputation tbch

I wish I had the lifestyle to want my daily to be electric and my weekend car to be like a Z06. Corvettes are pretty nice tbch. So are the Cadillac’s with the same engine. GM isn’t doing too terrible. And I don’t think the GM 10 speed is all that bad.

At that point, just get an electric.

Oh my sweet summer city dweller. Electrics are still not a terribly great proposition in the mountains yet

Electrics more than ever even here in the city are usually hazard lights on the side of the road because the cold still gets to their batteries and the heater destroy the range (which you need. Electric seat heaters aren’t enough when subzero).

So electric save maybe the best teslas and the new trucks coming out are a foregone conclusion rn. Until that gets better

I gotta wait a few more generations of batteries because trust me its no longer 300 mi in the winter. Its like half that :joy:

So in defense of automatic transmissions. They have gotten a lot better. I’ll give them credit where credit is due and its still a fun car to drive lol.

That damn Rivian I don’t see surviving 100Mi/Trip, with no load applied, thanks to lack of heat pump
EPA and other nonsense entities, will skirt aside [realistic] usage outcomes, in name of an agenda
But forbid a car working a 6.0L(+) 8Cyl. capable of obtaining mid20s, could get a guzzler tax slap

yeah I think they talked it up a ton and released it super expensive thus limiting the audience on purpose. Their price is out of this world. First means nothing at this point

1 Like

The failure outcome I’d treat far worse, compared to the whole Nikola BeeEss
Because they’ll bring out a product, that won’t perform to marketing expectations
I mean it IS a debut product, worst of predicaments being a rushed alpha of Stellantis proportions
… I think we found the Solyndra/Theranos equivalent?

Back to Corvette talk(s)-
GT1/GT2 - I do feel they gave justice to the C4 [Door wedge; so not too hard, on PS1 graphics then]
Plenty punch to be had, regardless if left untouched or teasing away, up to that 'Murica racer wrap
gt2cgs

1 Like

lol I was not happy that the only blue 'vette had the racing stripe when I bought my C7 but it’s grown on me. I’m glad it’s not a bright white.

…'MURICA!?
Morrison-Corvette-638x297
C4s Grand Sport approach, I did like [aesthetic changes menial; ALL about handling].

…C2 GS, was a damn winner, but history gave a cruel hand [barred from LeMans]

1 Like

You guys should get a kick out of this guy that this video is about.

2 Likes

honestly, i really do like donuts videos. they’re pretty informative, and keep a balance of hot boi news and general car dude stuff.

1 Like

Well the automatic transmissions are winning over manuals now days also in Europe.
Pretty much all luxury and sports cars now days are automatics.
But also the average main stream cars are more and more standard automatics.
I suppose this also has allot to with the transition to Hybrid EV’s.

Some pretty cool Corvettes shown in this topic.
Not sure how decent automatic GM transmissions are doe.

Yes I was thinking the while time in this thread, GT always had the Grand Sport and I loved the trim.