Corvette Corner

Why yes I do. We got her detailed with a clear protection coat this spring.

5 Likes

Is that an effing Power Glove?

3 Likes

It increases HP and handling.

3 Likes

… Does hot-wiring a Raspberry Pi-0, crank them settings to 11/10?

2 Likes

Laughs in speeduino

1 Like

How do we all feel about transmissions on a vette?

• manual transmission
  • automatic transmission

0 voters

No contest. Especially when talking about GM transmissions.

Have an automatic in mine, but that’s about all there is on the used market for C4’s.

1 Like

Yeah, I remember looking for c4s about 5 years ago, there were a dozen autos and 1 manual, price gap was like 6k for the manual as well.

Yup, still the case today. I’m not really one of those “it has to be a manual” types, in fact a lot of the times I prefer the automatic, especially when driving in SF.

1 Like

I just don’t like that specific auto

The ZF in my Merc is quite nice, but the 4L is just not a good transmission IMO.

See, automatic transmissions continue to be iterated on today, whereas manuals, really all they’ve done is add gears, so if you’re comparing your options in the 80s, the manual is preferred, even though fewer were sold. If you’re comparing a mid 00s auto to a manual, it’s pretty much a draw, and if you’re comparing a late 2010s auto to a manual, there’s a really compelling argument for the automatic. But at that point, you might as well go electric and be done with it.

3 Likes

4 Likes

For sure, my 700r4 shifts like a manual lol. Doubt I’d go through the trouble of doing a swap if it dies but we’ll see.

1 Like

Oh, that’s actually kinda nice.

Yes and no, because I’m not the one doing it XD

True, but its better than slush.

True, its just more the fear of it blowing on me when it hard shifts lol.

1 Like

Ehh those things are bulletproof, unlike the 4L60E

you know what they say. “a manual will impress your high school girl friend, but an automatic wins races.”

I mean, the same is said about electric cars. People still drop 140k on M5 competitions for no reason whatsoever.