Cooler Master H500P

because I have a monitor that has its own colour calibration hardware built in that needs a usb connection. If I plug it into a USB 3 port, something about it disables my keyboard and mouse, it is unstable and makes my PC go strange. If I use usb 2 I dont get any problems

My airflow king! 780t. Not actually my build, but shows the radiator support.

Considering the age of my system, 780T is probably more expensive than it…
I still consider Fractal Arc Midi R2 one of the best cases ever made. Airflow wise it’s great, but you can get good airflow even with the cheap ass Zalman Z3+ for 30€… So yeah…

sorry, I just hate corsair so I’ll always try to negate anything they have done no matter what… At least I’m honest about it and say it’s a corsair hate…

1 Like

I respect your opinion on corsair, I don’t like thermaltake at all after having a thermaltake armor as my first gaming case. It was truly the airflow king of its time, but it was such cheap plastic and a little metal.

I thought it was beautiful at the time I had it, but now I think it is as ugly as a 30 dollar case.

If I must be truly honest, I’ve never used Thermaltake products ever in the history of ever.
My PERSONAL OPINION is, that whatever Thermaltake did about the “everyone’s favorite Fractal Define R5” is negated by the fact, that Suppressor F51 is actually a better case in many respects.
There isn’t really much, that can be “innovated” in PC cases nowadays. People jumping on Tempered glass and power supply covers bandwagon, PSU covers, destroying the airflow of the case, plain blocked front panels, ignoring the fact, that it should allow airflow on top of looking cool…
I was really hoping H500P will be the case, that will make me “upgrade” my Fractal Arc Midi R2…

2 Likes

Well if you want to hate on Tiny Tim for his review of the case, then here are more to hate:

cm_h500p

http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/mastercase-h500p/

My Thermaltake W100 and P100 are great. Would buy again no problem.

I don’t

Not at all… I respect the dude. He is the reason I got Arc Midi R2 instead of any other case. He is one of the reasons I love PC hardware that much. I mean the dude is really inspiring…
As for the awards, I like the fact, that most of them are “editor’s choice”, meaning “we subjectively like it” and not “it’s really great”…
The case have potential. Next revision, be it H501P or H510P or whatever, will be way better and most likely will be really worth buying…
Now… Where is my fan controller, you 150$ overpriced crap of a case?

Honesty, if you want airflow I can only recommend the Storm Trooper with custom fan mounts.

HAF Trooper

Those 5 intakes move up to 200cfm and there’s nothing obstructing the airflow inside. That’s better than the HAF X.
On the exhaust side I have three 140mm fans for a total of up to 180cfm.

Im having a Silverstone RL06 built… great thermals at a good price.

1 Like

Ah nice! i was looking for that case since i saw it in Linus’s Scrap yard wars episode.
Storm trooper. good to know

From what i’ve seen in person, since my friend bought one to build his new system in, i personally i prefer the Cougar Panzer MAX, a better case overral in my opinion, build quality and everything.
In fact i bought one not long ago, my main system looks like a million dollars on it.
IMG_20170919_203150
CA02JCU_146188_800x800

I’m not sure that you can breed more case fans like that…

Jokes aside cougar is pretty decent at doing design\layout stuff, even right down to their extremely small\low cost ATX Spike its actually worked pretty well… and the FSP OEM’ed PSU that can come packaged with it would be fine for lower end system… non-moduar, lacks fan control, but 500w of actually reliable 80+ power. That said materials quality does still scale with price, their entry level fans are known to die (though the separately purchasable ones do quite well, and are nothing like the same), color watching on plastics can be quite poor, and there is reasonable panel flex in their cheaper options. I’d still 100% build in one though, I just think its a shame the Panzer MAX you have didn’t have 3x 5.25" bays, that way you could mount a bay converter for a third 120mm intake fan and some extra 3.5" drive bays if you didn’t want an optical drive or bay reservoir… this is the trick I use to get a second intake fan in an old cooler master elite 330, and the difference in temps on the CPU was fairly large.

I did do some work to mine, by default it allows 2 fans at the bottom (assuming you have room underneath your PSU’s cables and are willing to give up the small tray near the bottom) and either 2 fans at the front or 2 at the side.

P2150119s - P2150118s

I had the room to put 2 more side fans on the other side (there’s a mesh filter there too), but decided against that as it interfered with the SSD cables and would make cable management even more difficult.
Also, I decided that with the current fan setup I had just the right amount of positive pressure (10% more intake than exhaust).

2 Likes

Looks good!