Cooler Master H500P

If this means it is the end of the HAF gaming cases looking like the HAF 912 then I am not happy. Also there better be red 200 mm fan options still.

The fans are RGB… .

1 Like

Oh so needed to improve air flow :wink: I can just imagine a dilbert-“Boss” clone at Coolermaster headquarters going on about how “RGB-fied air has been proven to improve cooling performance”.

“Let’s market the crap out of it”.

“Ignore dogbert everyone, he’s an RGB-fied air performance nay-sayer”.

i wouldn’t even say it looks good. It looks like it cools well, but it doesn’t.

idk, i am not thrilled with most modern trends. Really i just want a professional looking, solid build quality, light weight case that has easily cleanable dust filters, can fit a full size videocard and a large AIO cooler in the smallest form factor possible. My lian li pc v33b isn’t perfect, it could be smaller and it would of been nice to be able to fit a kraken x62 in it; but it isn’t bad.

2 Likes

Hello there Fractal Arc Mini R2…

1 Like

definitely looks like a very solid case. Especially if i can fit my noctua fans in the front without having to remove the bottom cage. I’m a little concerned about the plastic case and especially the durability of the snap off front and top and its more than twice the weight of my current case; but definitely will have to keep it in mind next time i upgrade my cpu and mobo as right now i have an atx mobo.

I have the larger Midi R2… I have cracked the front plastic panel day 1, so I fully understand your concern. However, 4 years later, the case is in perfect condition. It is heavy, but it is built like a tank. Solid everything everywhere.
I love the larger version (that I own) - Midi R2. It’s almost the same case and if you are lucky and get later revision you get 360 roof mounting holes. It is essentially the same case as the mini, just ATX and with non removable optical bay…

Hi all - Quick question, if you needed an EATX or SSI-CEB compatible case, which one would you get? minimum 8x HDD storage is preferred and space for a 280mm AIO is all that’s needed.

Thoughts?

HAF X has EATX support. Looks like SSI-CEB should fit too.

It only has 5 drive bays, but it’s easy enough to get 4 or 8 more in there by installing 1 or 2 Storm Trooper HDD cages in the HAF’s 5.25" bays. I can verify that they’ll fit, I’m using 2 of those myself as fan mounts in my old HAF X.
link to the Cooler Master US store (EDIT : sold out apparently)
link to Cooler Master EU store

Any other 4-in-3 bay solution should work as well, I used these because I happened to have 2

Tweaktown’s review mentions out-of-the-box support for 240, 360 or 280mm. I heard that people have made 420mm fit as well by sacrificing the top 5.25" bay. So it sounds like it’s possible. I’m not a fan of water cooling, so I never bothered to check it out myself.

1 Like

Define XL… but then again this is coming from a Define R4 owner, and its not at B&H.
Its NZXT competition, the H630, is however listed at that retailer, I have not see it in person, be specs wise it suits.

If you want the larger CEB and that number of HDD’s I recommend just using a 4u rack case, but there are options like the largest of the Silverstone Raven and Fortress series that will also work if your willing to pay the premium and are happy with the rotated motherboard design.

1 Like

Enthoo Primo…

6x internal 3.5" drives… that said it does have plenty of 5.25" as well, so you could run an adapter cage to get the extras.

The Enthoo Primo is massive. That is what my current build is in. No complaints.

This new release looks fantastic - love the cable routing options at the back…

Except that their software sends them your system information constantly.

The CAM system? Nah, I’ll be killing it. Not interested in that in any way.

1 Like

the h500p was certainly a disappointment. that h700i from NZXT does look like it may have value. I hope that the case allows better airflow than the s340

It should… It should also give way better airflow than H440…
What I have issue with, aside from the pricing, is the stupid rail in the middle…

I didn’t really liked it in S340… And it’s getting even uglier…

As far as I am concerned a chassis is a box to hold the gear. I dont care about glass. I dont care about RGB but I dont want the external box to look like unicorn vomit either.

needs to hold at least 3 3.5" drives preferably 4. I would prefer 2xusb 2.0 and 2x 3.0 on the front panel and I would like a USB-C connector simply to help in the future.

Not really unreasonable but there is very little to chose from

Out of interest, why do you want USB2.0 front panel? If its just the desire for more prots, the 2x USB3.0 of the front panel connector delivers plenty of bandwidth for an integrated hub.