Cooler Master H500P

Hey.
So it’s out…
I want to hear opinions, before I tell you all why I hate this garbage…
It’s out, and it’s proud and what do you think about it?

The fact that they even dare to call it a successor to the HAF line is laughable.

4 Likes

From what I hear the airflow sucks and CM cheaped out on almost everything that’s plastic on it: squeaky panels, gaps, and such. Some of the “modular” pieces don’t fit right and/or hinder more than help.

1 Like

Not a fan (see what I did there…).

Lately, I’ve been enjoying working on my 570X Corsair case. Sure, it has tempered glass - got to be careful, but once I take a side-pane of glass off, it’s super easy to work inside.

1 Like

I think it certainly looks cool.

Shame about the airflow and build quality. Although that could be excused if the price was right. At $150 it is by far and away too expensive

1 Like

Tiny Tom Logan gave it the highest award. That guy has completely lost his mind (and all the respect I had for him as a case reviewer).

2 Likes

I wish it had mesh in the front and top instead of plastic windows. But other than that I like it a lot.

1 Like

If you look at his video the panels woble when he is handling them… Not to mention, when he is talking about the roof and shows the fan mounts on the roof, he have mounted 240AIO and the roof fan mounts are bent…

AFAIK Cooler Master are preparing mesh panels for the case, therefore the crapp mounting system of the panels.

Unfortunately that’s kinda the only thing going for it…

This modular design crap that they’ve been forcing for the last couple of years is precisely why I don’t bother with their cases. I just want something that will satisfy my needs from the start.

1 Like

Another excellent point. Sure, sometimes it’s nice to have things like EATX compatibility etc, but I tend to choose cases for an upcoming build, and things tend to tie-together pretty directly.

“modular design” usually translates to lots of unused pieces and/or an excuse to justify an inflated price.

Here’s the thing…
My beautiful beautiful Fractal case from 2013 I guess have modularity done right.
You may remove parts and relocate parts on different places. You are not stuck with one part on one place. I can mount my hard drive cage on any 120mm fan mount. No matter what, as long as I have space for it.
Thermaltake, for all the hate they get have the great idea with the HDD tray - you can clip it on multiple locations throughout the case and the location drastically changes the case layout.

1 Like

You’re talking about the Arc Midi R2, right? I have that one as well. One of the finest cases ever built. Could be updated, thought. Meshify C was sort of moving in that direction, but it’s not exactly a new Arc.

Intro for Gamers Nexus review is enough to see the quality of the case.

I didnt bother to look at other reviews.

6 Likes

with a vertical GPU mount and great 120/140mm radiator + fan support, this seems to be a good case for watercooling. 360mm + 360mm would allow plenty of airflow since those big fans wouldnt be choking the holes… of course at that point, if you’re paying full price but getting rid of the 200mm fans, might as well go with a different case. If they had better build quality, better front airflow with those fans, and a cleaner glass implementation, this could be a GREAT case.

this is pitiful.

A few points:
The front fell off
Plastic fantastic!
It has big fans, why doesn´t it allow them to breath?

The looks are good, and that is about it really.
I rate it 2/10 - Good idea poorly executed

3 Likes

Every successor case from cooler master recently has been poor. This and the cosmos 2 are crap.

Right…

Crap with chips on the side…
No roof fan anything, no universal 140 fan mounts, no breathing from the bottom…
Funny how only Cooler Master and NZXT use the PSU cover properly, not just as a piece of plastic…
I like the Phanteks PSU covers as well. They are basically grill, so both hard drives and everything can breath.
I am sad, that the bottom fans are basically dead. If the world haven’t gone crazy over PSU covers, the bottom fan mounts was a great airflow / pressure thing…

I’m sad that side panel fans are dead. Those things can take 10°C off the GPU. That was the case with my old NZXT Tempest - The Airflow King. Oh, how much I’d like NZXT to make a new one :slight_smile:

I have strong issue with that statement…
A friend of mine have squeezed 6x120mm fans in 40€ Zalman Z3+… So yeah…

Tell that to NZXT. It was their idea.

1 Like