Console Wars 2020 - Road to 8k 30fps for everyone! =D

Lord Newell hath spoken:

(I still think PS5 has the potential for more/better exclusives)

1 Like

Very shameless, Pete…
First I need some views and second it’s on topic…

1 Like

PS 5 wins cause it has better games, and the Xbox has a terrible name.
Although the Xbox might not lose as hard as it did to the PS4 this time…

1 Like

I still can’t remember what the Xbox is called. PS5 is easy.

I think the PlayStation generally gets a wider range of games as well usually?

Fact is the Xbox … series x? Is probably a no buy for most people here. I imagine most already have a PC.

And while I’d get a console for games I prefer playing on a console, I can get all those on the PS5 and more. And the Xbox games I can play ok the PC…

1 Like

Xbox itself doesn’t roll off the tongue super easily and whatever you add to that makes it only worse. The best names are actual words, I think. Gamecube, Saturn, Playstation … Xbox is not a name, it’s a placeholder.

Xbox was edgy in the 90s and the 2000s - Xses are Xtreme… xXxSephirothxXx…
It’s sad what’s happening to that entire division. They bought a bunch of talanted studios and are making nothing with them…
Life is strange guys are making another Life is strange type of game
Hellblade people making Hellblade 2
and the weirdest of all - Obsidian making a crafting survival game…?
Well if nothing else we are getting STALKER 2 and I am super erect for that… on PC…

And my largest issue with Xbox: With all those studios and talanted people, WHERE IS MY FREELANCER REMAKE YOU BASTARDS?

1 Like

Lol, edgy indeed

1 Like

Xbox didn’t exist in the 90s. That’s the thing, the name was shit even back when the first console hit. The whole x-thing was already over.

I still need to play the first one. I own it on steam … I even made sure it runs on proton … never played it really. That’s one of the things why I want to go back to console for a lot of that stuff. The chances of me actually playing stuff chilling on the couch are way higher compared to sitting at the desk.

1 Like

Oh you, person, you… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well yeah… And they are going from bad to worse naming wise…

1 Like

I suspect this (along with the other xbox series nonsensical naming bullshit) is intentional, in the true PC market tradition of ensuring some people accidentally buy the old Xbox for cheap (thinking it is current) and then re-purchase a new one.

From the same sort of marketing people who brought you USB “3” and “10th generation core”, and claimed “Windows 10 is the final version of Windows”, then proceeded to fragment the shit out of the market with a different platform every 6 months (with more change than say, between Windows 8 and 8.1, Vista and 7, etc.), keeping 32 bit around, etc.

Pretty much. I was thinking about buying an xbox one for Forza for a while, then realised that I could just install windows for that and get a better experience. But I won’t do that.

Xbox Series S

1 Like

So 52 CUs?
The rx 5700xt has 40, so that should be a pretty decent gpu.

1 Like

Looks like it. 52CUs at 1.8GHz is going to back quite the punch, especially since it gets to play with 20 GDDR6 channels.

If my napkin-math is correct, the Series X should be 40%-ish faster than the 5700xt.

damn, thats actually impressive given the price point.

1 Like

They named it that because “DirectX box” didn’t do well in focus groups…

1 Like

Should be fun to see how the Xbox and PS5 perform. I’m also curious how the Xbox’s two different GDDR6 bandwidths will pan out. Also curious how the PS5’s CUs compare, the “dual CUs” of the Xbox remind me a little of Bulldozer with some resources being shared.

That is a trait of RDNA, the common aspect between RDNA and GCN.

I guess that too. The increased CU count makes up for the clockspeed difference.

Well, I look dumb now.

I completely forgot about that.

Guess the Xbox will have more chooch than the PS5.

1 Like

I think instead of Xbox SeX and Xbox SeS it should be something boring and plane like

Xbox Two

all I wanna know is:

can we hook mouse and keyboard to it?

1 Like

Yeah, those memes have beaten it to death already.

I think you can already do that on the xbone. * with certain titles