COMPUTEX 2018 news and hardware

No its a ln2 loop check gamers nexus video on it

You sure like mentioning cock sucking, no judgement though homey… and I’m not sure you actually watch GN videos but there are a lot of videos where Der8auer is NOT mentioned. The whole reason Der8auer gets coverage is :

1. He showed just how awful Intel is for using TIM instead of soldering their processors… and how much untapped gains are readily available in the architecture

2. Capitalized on 1 providing a relatively easy way to delid Intel shit and put to market a delidder

3. This unleashed a whole new way of thinking about dissipating heat and even let to tests with AMD for the hell of it

4. Partnered with Lian-Li to make a case, first overclocker to do so

5. Partnership continues at Computex with some pretty cool looking shit on tap

There is more I’m sure but you get the picture, but just for fun lets look at the past bit of GN’s videos:

BeQuiet T2 Dark Rock - No Derbs
Cryorig overhauls cooler - No Derbs
Silverstone case - No Derbs
Noctua new shit - no Derbs
HW News - No Derbs
Phase change cooler - ERMAGERD ITZ DERBS!
Threadripper2 and Fake RAM - No Derbs
LN2 customer loop - No Derbs
GPU and Memory prices in Taiwan - No Derbs
LianLi preview - ERMAGERD ITZ DERBS!
What is a chipset - No Derbs
Ask GN 83 - No Derbs
H500M Review - No Derbs
Hw News - No Derbs
Hades Liquid overclock live stream - No Derbs
Torture testing modmat - No Derbs
Hardware Canucks video - No Derbs
Ask GN 82 - No Derbs
Ask GN 81 - No Derbs
NZKT H500 - No Derbs
Hw News - No Derbs
Mini ITX - No Derbs
Hades Canyon setup vid - No Derbs
Fan test overview - No Derbs

So out of 24 videos, 2 have mentioned your long time buddy Derbs. That’s obviously cock sucking material right there :roll_eyes:

Well, it made an impression. So yeah… May be it’s oversaturation from every tech tuber saying the same thing and covering the same things in the same way.
But I get your point. Still, it made an impression on me, so there could be something…

Neither of you is wrong really, it’s just two different things. One is the LN2 “loop” made by K|NGP|N with EVGA and the other is Der8auer’s phasechange cooler with … uuuhhh, I forgotten who.

1 Like

I was commenting on LN2 Loop, eh on phase change cooler

why is phase change making a comeback?

its not, ignore that product

Guess what a heatpipe is. :wink:

It is interesting because it does basically what CLCs are doing but without a pump.

1 Like

More worried about the chemical inside the loop, at least when you throw away water with a biocide its not really bad for drinking water etc, when someone throws away one of these they will most likely not follow proper disposal. I could be wrong, but the fluid will probably will not be good to be released into the environment.

Steve is “not impressed” by Intel’s showpiece…

8 Likes

Finally laptops with Radeon graphics.

1 Like

Pretty much what anyone with half a brain thought… too bad most of the tech press doesn’t not have half a brain. You should have known a 28 core, 5GHZ all core over clock had to have some type of extra cooling going on, especially with it left out.

Were people not aware of that, I mean are people that stupid really? actually never mind

1 Like

Didnt read any of the articles, did they claim that it did 5ghz out of the box

They wrote Intel CPU, 28 cores, 5GHz. That is the headline Intel wanted.

"All of the unknown factors make it slightly less exciting, to be honest. What power draw was it running at? Is this viable for a consumer platform, in reality? Is 5 GHz a possibility for us mere mortals? Clearly if you are in need of extreme multi-threading capability and performance for rendering, encoding, or mega-tasking, it appears Intel may have the best solution available come this holiday season.

UPDATE 6/6/18: It has now been confirmed by people on the ground in Taipei that the Intel 28-core demo was a complex feat. The motherboards were built by ASUS and Gigabyte, modifications of a server-class LGA3647 socket board that required a 32-phase power system, and a 1HP (horsepower) water chiller and refrigerant to drop the liquid to a cool 4 degrees Celsius. The processor is a single-die part, basically a Xeon Scalable Platinum 8180, that has a list price of $10,000.

Obviously this is not a configuration that any reasonable consumer, even the crazy ones really, would be willing to employ. It means motherboards with the X299 chipset will not be compatible with this part as it requires a new socket. It also means that clock speeds for real-world designs will be much lower, likely a Gigahertz or more.

There are a lot of questions to poke around about before the end of the year if we are truly going to understand Intel’s plans for the enthusiast platform at the end of 2018."
https://www.pcper.com/news/Processors/Computex-2018-Intel-demos-28-core-processor-5-GHz

Eh

1 Like

When they did the demo they did not mention cooling whatsoever. They showed the Cinebench score and apparently that’s it. THEN they pulled the chip from any and all demos for the rest of the show. They also didn’t mention out of box, in box, middle of box or anything pertinent to whether it was a real part or not.

Interestingly enough Ian Cuttress who was one of many who ran with it did mention the pulling of parts but also inferred AMD had not planned to release the 32 core TR2 because of… tweet order? Yeah, tweet order… AMD did set him straight.

https://www.pcper.com/news/Storage/Computex-2018-Intel-Announces-380GB-Optane-905P-M2-22110-Form-Factor

https://www.pcper.com/news/Cases-and-Cooling/Seasonic-shows-their-new-System-Cable-Management-Device

2 Likes

Wow, Intel are shitstains… thats crApple level of shitstainy there. They are just making AMD look better and better with their grasping at straws.