COMPUTEX 2018 news and hardware

Same, just got the OP6… and IMO the Asus is butt ugly, but I’m grateful to Asus that they are pushing the arms race, and bringing a slew of features with that phone. We need competition to keep driving innovation and options.

Makes me think of Nvidia’s announcement of the next gamer GPU release is far away- there is not enough competition vs. when Thread ripper came out and Intel had to jump their own gun with their release schedule.

Because now the current board just have them black… I don’t really see why they are extra…

I just want new One Plus X, not these 144hz Ultrwide 1440p FreeSync HDR priced smartphones

I’m just not going to pay 700 from music listening device which occasionally shows me vaginas

Good thing it’s not GSync… It’s the same thing, but costs 100$ more…

The ROG smartphone has RGB.

I´m personally also not a huge fan of RGB crap.
But i´m currious to see if there are any exciting new motherboards come out.

@psycho_666 i kinda miss those days where color matching was still a hardware thing.
I mean those Asrock OC Formula boards were soo cool.

2 Likes

The color doesn’t matter as long as it’s black.

That thing was epic. Everything you need in a small package for a reasonable price.

1 Like

When Gigabyte revealed a new X399 board, I swear I thought I saw a Thunderbolt header on it. Check Gamers Nexus’ Gigabyte Threadripper 2 mobo video and you’ll see what I mean. That 5 pin GPIO out has to be a Thunderbolt header.

What, no one else misses LANParty neon slots? :rofl:

1 Like

Now this is actually an interesting cooler.

Can they suck Der8auer’s cock any harder?

That condenser is going to require a special case. And it sure is fugly right now.

One Plus had first that role, “enough of this bullshit, we can do it cheaper”, and now they are doing the same as “Samsungs”

Roman is a pioneer in the HEDT community, I don’t see the problem.

Also that novec PC is cool as hell.

Not sure why you guys are hatin on RGB. Remember when NZXT had the Phantom cases that had the inverted color line? Shit was sexy af

Too bad about nVidia. Really wanted to sell the 1080 for an 1180Ti. I know the Ti comes later, but this just delays it more :persevere:

I think people are reading too much into what jensen said. The 1180 was never gonna launch at computex, I still hear launch in July through the grapevine.

1 Like

I have seen this thinking posted a few places now. While I do not like nvidia they had better be sitting on a kick ass card to drop or they may be in for some trouble, like Intel.

Basically resting on their yannis, do it for too long and AMD might just make a competitive GPU and storm the gates. Like Ryzen to Intel. They had it written off as being so far behind it could not catch up and then shat themselves when it blew the bloody doors off.

Nvidia are currently acting the same way. And while I will be realistic and say AMD GPUs are pretty far behind at the high end, I hold some hope they will just appear with a new amazing GPU unexpected.

Intel 8086K.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/12875/intel-announces-the-core-i78086k-coffee-lake-at-5-ghz

Basically a binned 8700K. 4Ghz base, 5Ghz turbo. Around $425. Production limited to 50,000 units

Some mysterious 28 core part capable of 5Ghz all core. Prob a binned top end Xeon. Can’t inside the cost or how many nuclear reactors that is going to take to run…

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12893/intels-28core-5-ghz-cpu-coming-in-q4

1 Like

1 Like

Are there any good Taiwan vlogs other than HWcanucks and gamers nexus?