COMPUTEX 2018 news and hardware

I think its more for the 60% that like it and the 40% that have to deal with it because its on all the good high end stuff

Gigabyte sells RAM now… Looks good honestly. I’m tempted, or at least would have been if I didn’t have great one already…

I just want cheaper ram, this probably wont help

looks decent for RGB though

1 Like

It won’t since there are still only like two or three companies making the actual DRAM chips and that’s where the shortage is. Could even make it worse tbh

It could if they shave margins more than other companies, hence probably wont, as why fight the market.

How about disabling it? It doesn’t cost them half a penny to “implement” it, so might as well for the people that want to use it.

That doesn’t mean they aren’t charging a few bucks extra for it…

2 Likes

Certainly true, but then again at the current prices of everything, the percentage probably isn’t all that huge.

The cost to them might be cheap AF, but they deff charge more than it costs to implement

If we remove all RGB from everything we may actually have a decently priced hardware…

2 Likes

It is a disco in a box

1 Like

QUESTION: Who let the dogs out?
Now related QUESTION: Who tagged the thread with mega thread tag?

looming-hawk did at my request, as it is a mega imo

Cause I haven’t and it popped up… It’s weird…

Imma take those RGB PSU lines and hang myself.

Kidding, but how no one finds these things obnoxious is beyond me.

1 Like

Many people find it obnoxious and way WAY overdone. Not to mention pointless uses like the side of the headphones and cables and shit like that. There could be some people to whom the RGB may still be a selling point, but it’s way beyond overdone nowdays.
I’m fine providing an accent or something, but fully disco fever rainbow vomit thing - no… Go away. Go away, jump off a cliff and disappear like the floppy disks.

1 Like

I’d rather take RGB over being stick with a single color any day of the week.

Choice in color > no choice in color

I’d really prefer no LED over RGB, but ehh

Presenting solution 1:

I LOVE YOU ADATA…

Solution 2:

Solution 3:

Solution 4:

Choice of color without RGB, that actually makes you hunt specific hardware and give you better sense of accomplishment than jumping in a software and bugging out the colors.

Seriously, I used to color coordinate builds for people in a local forums and now it’s stupidly boring.

PS: Do you people think we should have an entirely RGB VS NON RGB thread to discus this matter and keep this thread on topic?

1 Like

Did first read RGB smartphone

But about these RGB cables, think you could create something cool with these similar to water cooling, like just do some whacky zigzag spirals and stuff, braid it? :smiley:

These are way more wasteful though than just adding an LED that can be whatever color you want and never have to change. All those little extra plastic bits that wind up taking up space or in a landfill. I’ll take RGB, thanks.