Computer Science Lounge - [Too Many Idea Men Edition]

mfw mech E

3 Likes

Right now i'm on my 5th semester, i'm taking some classes right now, 5 to be exact and are:
Algorithms and Data Structures, Advanced Object Oriented Programing, Advanced Digital Circuits, Applied Electronics and Process Engenieering.

I'm messing around with scalable server architecture at the moment. New to this area but so far I have a load balancing setup for multiple web servers. I'm using HAproxy to provide ssl (via ssl termintation) for all servers and using access control lists to separate them by domain name.

I did have each server running on a linux container (with lxd/lxc) but that appears to be making my single core vps struggle a bit. Especially for apache. It seems better since I've brought apache back to run on the same host as the load balancer (i.e. no containers). So currently haproxy is esentially port fowarding using layer 7 hostname information and handling ssl. But the structure is there to push the web servers onto other physical servers and just point to them instead.

The one thing I didn't get working was ssl offloading (which seems to have some quirks I haven't figured out yet). Originally I had apache providing ssl and doing all the redirects but something wasn't working. So currently traffic from the haproxy to the backend servers are unencrypted but as it stands, that traffic is internal (going from host adapter to container adapter only).

Here's a diagram of the different setups

Anyone here involved in this type of architecture? I'd love to hear from people with experience in this area. The next step would be getting more hardware and more IPs for failover load balancing with keep alive and multiple backend servers for true load balancing (with sessions and the try performance tuning with different algorithms). Will probably leave that for now though. I am using this setup more for a real world development/test environment.

Sounds pretty similar to stuff I will do, have done and is doing.

so I haven't had the chance to look at stuff at the macro level like this before. Only the specification so far of how a single application is implemented.

Anybody taking discrete math?

Years ago. And no, sorry, I can't help :( lol

On inductive stuff now and its just starting to make sense.

Kek I wanna do EE in college I think.

Pretty good field. As long as you dont mind a lot of calculus.

I do math for fun. kek

1 Like

To be honest I dont know what this even means. I dont keep up with the latest lingo trash.

Let me test you solve this problem.

I'm not sure what it means by contradiction, but I just like to do math. It offers me a thing to solve and a limitless means of finding a way to do it. If I didn't like math, then I probably wouldn't like assembly as a code language group. I probably wouldn't do a lot of the stuff that I do.

Could I answer in all numbers are irrational if they aren't applied?

proof by contradiction is a way of doing math mathematical and logical proofs. If A implies B then we can prove it by saying that suppose A implies NOT(B) and find a contradiction from this statement.

I dont mind assembly either, haven't had the chance to do anything constructive with it either. The most significant thing I have done is make a recursive assembly subroutine.

.text
.globl main

fibo:
    li   $a0, 9     # Nth number in sequence argument
    sub  $sp, 4       # create the stack frame
    sw   $ra,0($sp)   # save the return address
    addi $t0,$zero,0  # counter
    addi $t1,$zero,1  # a
    addi $t2,$zero,1  # b
    addi $t3,$zero,2  # c
    recurs:
        bne $t0,$a0,fiboProcess
        jr $ra
    fiboProcess:
        sub  $sp,8
        sw   $s0,0($sp)      # will use for argument n
        sw   $ra,4($sp)      # return address
        add $v0,$zero,$t1   # get answer
        add $t4,$zero,$t3   # d = c
        add $t3,$t4,$t2     # c = d + b
        add $t1,$zero,$t2   # a = b
        add $t2,$zero,$t4   # b = d
        add $t0,$t0,1       # counter++
        jal recurs

lw   $s0,($sp)       # restore registers from stack
        lw   $ra,4($sp) 
        add  $sp,8
        jr   $ra

main:
    jal fibo
    add $t6,$zero,$v0 # finnal answer
1 Like

Its actually pretty simple, all it takes is a little algebra and the definition of average and rational numbers.

2 Likes

thats pretty neat! Currently, I'm reading the C programming language. Gonna bone up on my C knowledge and see if I can't do something cool.

1 Like

Make me some sick nasty CSGO hax to I can get LEM like the rest of the cool kids

1 Like

Well guys I might have caused a lesser grade for one of my current best friends. This hope I still have this friend by the end of this class.