Community Giveaway: IcyDock Stuff

Easy enough, I would be able to retire my old Dell R520 which has developed a slight power issue (reboots in the middle of the night…) and use the 24 bay monster to set up a low-power FreeNAS Core build. And once again be able to enjoy the benefits of not having a large electric bill every month…lol.

3 Likes

I’d love to build a nas at my house that I can send backups to from my parents house and these cages would be great for that!

I would love to use the 2x2.5" for my tiny SSD mirror, using the cheapest 120GB SSDs that money can buy :slight_smile:

That thing is probably worth more than the hardware that’d driving it.

The 8 bay m.2 drive is just crazy… 32 pcie lanes…nice

I happen to have a Fractal Focus G with two 5.25" bays (see pic) as one of my primary Linux boxen. I also have a Fractal Define 5 in my server closet as my TrueNAS box which also has 2 5.25" bays. I even have an old Corsair Carbide 200R not currently in use that could be resurrected - it has 3 5.25" drive bays!! So for me, either of these two items would be a lovely addition.

Would prefer to get either, honestly, more towards 2 x 2.5" one (cuz 1x 5.25 inch slot) due to my current PC case having a 5.25" bay, but not being occupied + i plan to turn this old PC case into a LP NAS when I upgrade, since it has 3x2.5 and 1x3.5 bays internally ^^ Good luck to everyone! :smiley:

I Absolutly love the idea of a combined DVD and drive bay. I so often need to swap around drives yet I also need an optical drive so integrating them would save so much desk space!

It would be the monster 24 bay for me. Ever since having a kid I’ve lost so much room to what I can store PC wise.

Having all my data storage needs covered by 1 unit means I’d never lose a picture of my little one again, and I can stop relying on cloud services, which cost a bomb.

Recently got a fractal Meshify 2 case would love to have more HDD Cage for additional drives

I’m currently running my plex server off a slightly modified 2 by 2tb Western Digital NAS I bought from Good Will for $20 years ago.

On September 30th I’ll finally be getting a fiber line to replace my ancient Cable internet connection. So I’m going to want to upgrade my Plex server so I can access it outside my network now that my bandwidth will be able to support it. I’ll also be able to give my mother access to the Plex server from the next state over. I don’t think my ancient Western Digital NAS is up to the job though.

Well. Not like I am gonna do anything fancy. But I have 8x2TB in my current Truenas. And I have a Silverstone Case with backplane slots. But if I get all that Flash Storage I will def. try to get that hooked up somehow.

I mean this video essentially tells me how to do it. It will be my reference.

Wow this makes my mind go burr with the possibilities of the MB924IP. Making a semi-mobile homelab and dataset recovery station.

I’d put either to use, but the 24 bay would be great for expanding my backup server.

One or both would be fine. i would use them to expand storage on my NAS.

Hi. In my case going in to the adventure of learning kubernetes, docker, promox, etc.
I will love one of the enclosure the 24 sata cage will great. But i will if i can get the 2 bay no problem. my setup
thanks

1 Like

That 24 bay behemoth would be an awesome way to expand into a (large amount of ) SAS ssd storage. Very cool!

I would love either one of those.

I would like to get IcyDock 2x2.5 to 5.25 for fast data ingestion to my NAS.

Im so interested looking for new stuff. (stil working on house) i had no time for new computers and/of hardware. looking for new dyi home anti I/OT server/ media backup/ light controlsrv/ etc,

The IcyDock 2x2.5 to 5.25" adapter would be really nice to move my old DVD backups to SATA and create new backups.