[CLOSED WAIT FOR NEXT MONTH]1 MONTH "Just do it" challenge/initiative for the members of the community

Not a bad idea, Start driving the community gaming sessions that @Nate used to do.

2 Likes

I'm in!

2 Likes

It would be even better if your two independent projects are going to come together at the end. But it's up to you.

1 Like

I mean...I doing a system upgrade log

does that count?

1 Like

Is it creative? if it is then you are in.

1 Like

I'm painting a mobo

close enough

1 Like

Yep im in. not sure if this counts or not but i made this a while ago. might as well share. thia ia BOUT 40-80 hours worth of after effects.

4 Likes

I'll do it. I just don't know what it is. YET.

2 Likes

Well you have until April 4th to decide. remember. It doesn't have to be big.

1 Like

I'll link my project once I start the thread, will start with blowing off the dust.

1 Like

So in?

1 Like

In from the get go

1 Like

might make a timelapse of me fucking around in Flash CC.

3 Likes

This times up perfectly, well as long as shipping is not delayed. I am currently getting all the parts together to modify a keyboard to have different switches including new stronger springs in the switches and SIP sockets for on the fly replaceable LEDS and putting an on off switch in somewhere if it will fit (I will make it fit). The keyboard is not exactly made for LEDS but does have at least some support from them, so it will be fun to do that if the timing is right.

It will also be getting a new set of keycaps to look jazzy and 80's.

More soon, waiting for parts and I need to buy some fine solder.

2 Likes

Looking forward to that :D

1 Like

I know what my project is....
I'm making a portable hifi player out of an rPi.

• Raspberry Pi A+ (zero if I can get my hands on one)
  • stripped down Fiio E10k for a dac
  • Will play FLAC
  • lipo powered
  • two 128x64 oled screens, 8 buttons
4 Likes

Can you finish it or at least do most of it around April 4th? I know it can be not enough for some people, but all this is for is to inspire people to do things and share with others so that we facilitate each other's learning.

1 Like

Yep, I've already done TONS of planning and have most of the parts, but I've been procrastinating on the build. This is the perfect kick in the pants I need.

Should I open a more "live" thread so people can comment during the build?

Usually I just write something up for my blog when it's all done... http://lootb.blogspot.com/

1 Like

I will post the blog next to your name on the list if you don't mind.

2 Likes

Do you think I should have WIP thread for the project? Do you think it would be exciting for peeps to be involved in the build?

1 Like