Call of Duty gaming community points to ‘swatting’ in deadly Wichita police shooting

So by the swatters logic if I was to push someone intentionally into harms way… say in front of an oncoming train it would not be MY fault but the train drivers? Or the fault of the way the rail systems work? Basically anyone in the chains fault except mine? (the instigator).

Sounds like a person heavy in denial to me.

Pranks like this are all fun and games until someone gets hurt… after that you get the inevitable ‘but I didn’t mean it!’

EDIT:

I regret the stupidity that has cost children their father.

I am not sure why this one has got me so angry as it doesnt in any way effect me personally.

I think the thing that has gotten under my skin was it reminds me of a time I was one Jury service and these joy riding kids who ran over a couple of people on a zebra crossing, used in their defence that they would not have been driving so recklessly if the police had not been chasing them in the first place.

I see the same deflection and the inability to hold yourself to account for your own actions.

I think anyone getting worked up over this has a right to be worked up, something like this should not be happening at all, sadly its just what happens when the wrong people get access to the internet. I think that internet access should be heavily observed by parents, but now we have parents that give their kids cell phones and letting them run free on the web without proper warning of the dangers that can happen.

I read bad news every day and I have mostly become immune to it all.

The sheer stupidity of this just managed to break through whatever immunity barrier I had.

Here’s a Black Mirror question, is the guy who called directly responsible for the death?

IMO Yes. Probably depends on the state however…

1 Like

The real question that no one is asking is who won the COD match?

Like, if you killed a guy and still lost, you really suck.

On topic: the entire situation is stupid, also how did they get the guys address anyway? Having anonymous IP info in game severs could help reduce this shit

I’ll leave this here. I’m not one to be on the side of LEOs that often but sometimes you cant risk it.

The Twitter account of “SWAuTistic” took credit for the swatting, but then denied responsibility by writing: “I DIDNT GET ANYONE KILLED BECAUSE I DIDNT DISCHARGE A WEAPON AND BEING A SWAT MEMBER ISNT MY PROFESSION.”
Twitter is gonna get their you-know-what sued off.

“Wichita Police responded to the swatting call with a major incident force to cordon off the neighborhood and prepare for an armed standoff with “barricaded suspect or suspects inside,” according to the Wichita Police spokesman.”

Spokesperson just ensured police culpability.
“You were expecting a barricade and you saw a teen, alone, with a video game?”

"SWAuTistic added: “Bomb threats are more fun and cooler than swats in my opinion and I should have just stuck to that.” SWAuTistic claimed that he was behind the bomb threat that disrupted the FCC net neutrality vote earlier in the month."
Yea this one is going bye bye for a very long time and BATF chief need to appear b4 a congressional committee.
All quotes from here:

1 Like