Buyer's R̶e̶m̶o̶r̶s̶e̶ Hesitation

OP isn’t going to be able to buy it for another few weeks anyways. I doubt he’s going to get it as soon as it’s available anyways.

@Spacejamflam @DigitalBytes @FaunCB this is getting outrageous. It’s literally devolved into fanboyism, so take your dicks out of your hands, go get some food, and calm the fuck down.

1 Like

I don’t hate intel I hate their practices. If you want to mock and fanboy at me do it in the lounge. I buy once because I don’t want to have to completely reset. Its a waste of time. You don’t give a business money for a fuck up, you deny them that and buy the part that actually works and does the job.

@FaunCB @SgtAwesomesauce Giving a rational counter argument to unhelpful inflammatory statements isn’t mocking and fanboying, and this is getting outrageous, for NoOZeN’s sake I think we can call it quits.

1 Like

Just leave it boys. Its not worth the time fighting about it. This thread is about OPs build.

1 Like

If you have a use case for really low-latencies, 8700K overclocked to the point that you will need a good cooling solution, and willing to bare the extra juice being pulled from the wall. A decent mobo with good VRM design etc. will be needed to.

On the other hand, if all you’re after is mostly gaming, I’d vote (in no particular order)

• Intel 6700K
  • Intel 7700K
  • Ryzen 1700X

And get a good GPU. GTX1080 or 1080Ti. Throw in some fast RAM, say 3200MT/s or above, and you’re golden.

Of course, if you also have heavy multi-threaded workloads YMMV with more cores. Most importantly though, get a quality PSU.

All the best!

Thanks to everyone for your input. After much deliberation it looks like I’m going with…

Sith Army Knives?

Once you go Sith you never go brith.

So…Team Red then? The 1700?

Yeah sorry I was trying to be symbollic with the colour and it looks like it’s got a lot of function and stuff. Yeah…

2 Likes

Z370 won’t get more cores and clocks are already pushing it for Intels 14nm stuff.
AM4 presumably will get higher clocks and better memory performance.

I am not really a fan of “future-proofing” but as a long(er) term solution Intel right now is simply the worst possible option.

1 Like

The things that swayed me in the end were pretty simple basically : I’ll save $200+ dollars, I’ll save time not waiting for parts and I won’t be missing much in the way of performance that I could discernibly notice in the real world anyway.

It really sucked losing all my systems and electronics (not to mention all my clothes) so I have been extraordinarily critical on everything that I have been buying to replace what I have lost. With a strict budget mind you because we didn’t recoup anywhere near the value of what we lost.

I’m not one to really future proof either (even though I mentioned it in the OP) and generally rebuild systems fully ever 4 years or so and maybe a GPU upgrade every 2, but going AMD at this time might give me just a little more long term use and upgrade possibilities.

Thanks again everyone.

1 Like