[Build log] パープルハート: A 3D printed case to house unusual components

It runs!!! It’s working!!! The GPU is being powered by a 19V power adapter!!! Fuck yeah!!! (I litterally screamed when I saw the display turning on lol)

I received during the week the barrel jack, so I could begin my testing. But initially when testing I had no output voltage at all, except sometime from time to time a small transient voltage. I didn’t knew what I did wrong and was afraid I might have broke something on the converter.

So I asked on the same Pololu forum and finally “I totally forgot I had no more common ground between the two as I was using distinct power adapters. Adding a cable that connect to the ground pin on the motherboard, alongside the 5v cable for EN, solve the issue.”

(Also I had to power my motherboard with his original 19V power adapter for the pull-down to work and having an output of 12V)

But that’s not without a final scare because my power jack wire came loose I lost the 12V output lol

But now it’s running! No need for that chunky 12V power adapter! No need for the GxR-DIY anymore! It freaking works!!!

The motherboard like getting back it’s 19V lol, decent increase on Time Spy for the CPU score.
Before on 12V

Now on 19V

Oh also the power adapter holder was printed

8 Likes