Budget Pc Build for $500

??? help me out guys i need something under 500$

and what monitor to get? Recommenddd

I’m presuming you’re not including the monitor in the $500.

Firstly what’s your use case for the computer?

Gaming?
Video editing?
Coding?
CAD?
All of above?

It’s really for my immediate family. Since really CAD and Gaming is sufficient. Nothing like video editing but still capable of running triple AAA titles like an XBOX.

As far as monitors go, i’m not sure should i get a budget monitor or a 4k? as 4k would be an upgrade from their laptops but it gets so pricey.

Haven’t followed the recent hardwares, i used to be all over this stuff when i was building my pc.

On that budget 4K gaming isn’t really feasible. With DDR4 RAM being at an all time high and graphics cards still well up there you’re stuck at 1080p.

2 Likes

Damn what’s the best for $500 then?

What if i buy cheaper ram lol

You’re almost in APU territory
8gb DDR4 $80
1TB Hard Drive $45
Case $40
Power supply $40
That leaves you with $255 for CPU and GPU

So you could get something super cheap like an intel G4560 but that’s a duel core with a 1050ti.

You could also get a ryzen 2400g that has 4 cores and a built in APU

3 Likes

i have a case and a ssd spare, sorry i didn’t mention that lol

Yeah that will give you more wiggle room. You could get a Ryzen 5 1400 and a gtx 1050

As far as I know best bang for buck right now are the Ryzen APU’s Ryzen 2400G. 2200G.

New AMD CPUs are meant to drop around Friday so they may push the older generation down in price a little

damn you’re right . I don’t want to cheap on on the wrong components though like psu

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JRQn7W

2 Likes

Damn a Ryzen 5 without any graphics card

A friend of mine has more or less that build. He is pretty happy with it.

real world xp. So does he play like gta 5 on there without much problems?

He mostly codes and plays Blizzard games.

Get the 2400g mobo and ram prob get a discount for getting 3 things (Could prob get it for $410 shipped add psu and storage and you could get close to $500 for sure)

1 Like

I can vouch for the Ryzen 5 2400g being a good buy right now, at least until GPU prices come down. I am shocked at what the little chip can do all things considered.

Specs:
CPU- Ryzen 5 2400g stock cooler and no overclock
Ram- 8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 2400mhz (Faster would be better but I just went with what I had laying around for now)
Motherboard- Gigabyte AB350 itx
SSD- Old intel 120gb something or other
HDD- 1tb Seagate Barracuda
PSU- 500w EVGA

Benchmarks:
Farcry 5 @ 720p getting around 40fps average
Fallout 4 @ 1080p low getting around 45fps average
GTAV @ 1080p medium/low 45-50fps average
DOOM @ 1080p Vulcan and medium/high 60+ fps
Ark @ 1080p runs and looks great but I max out my ram usage to much for it to be enjoyable
Rocket League @ 1080p is well over 60fps

I can’t recall any others I’ve tried recently but if your curious and want to shoot me a list of ones to try I certainly can!

5 Likes

wow that’s not bad for no gpu

It really has surprised me.

I am doing more of my gaming on it then my main machine these days since it is truly fun to see what the little unit can handle!

If I didn’t already have a powerful system and didn’t want to pay the going rates for a GPU I could happily play on this system for quite some time =)

2 Likes

I would go 4k on the monitor, even at 1080 the picture quality diference is amazing.
I just bought a 4k tv and we have DSL, I was blown away at the difference.
Monitors can last through 2 or 3 upgrades

1 Like