Bethesda releasing games on Steam again

Well, what do you know, it turns out using only your own store isn’t as great and profitable as you thought, is it, Bethesda? At least you didn’t took Epic money. You may have as well… Eventually they will stop buying exclusive games…

2 Likes

is fo76 worth it yet?

1 Like

Not sure if it ever will be, but Rage 2 looks interesting…

I just want to justify the 76 shirt I bought at quakecon >_<

1 Like

Nope. I’d still stay away for now. I’ll let you know if it changes.
I have it and no it isn’t worth anyone’s time.

3 Likes

Will more players as in more people in the world change things? Or it will be a bunch more people doing fuck all?

1 Like

Honestly, once they allow dedicated servers with mods, I think that’d be a really good thing but I got plenty of other better games to occupy my time in the interim. Who knows by the time it is good to play, I’ll probably be busy playing something else by then.

2 Likes

Ha, no man’s sky all over again…
Bethesda said the game is more user created content, so I was thinking livelier servers may actually help… But I guess not…

1 Like

Not yet, wait until summer when this DLC kicks off, maybe fall. Active player here.

Rage looks too much like Borderlands to me. Much more looking forward to Borderlands 3 than Rage 2. Especially because Rage was the worst FPS PC port I ever bought. My mouse wouldn’t even work correctly in the options menu. Doom Eternal is the 1 thing Bethesda should release soon that i might have to get.

OMG, i just downloaded RAGE again to see if they fixed it through patches at all. Nope, mouse cursor movement is still broken, like it trys to snap onto options instead of letting you move onto it, but then it also like snaps off its super weird and unintuitive. The lowest mouse sensitivity option is still stupid high. Video settings defaults to low despite me having a 1080ti and a 8700k and the game being 8 years old. To exit the game, you quit the game, have to say its ok to leave even though you will lose unsaved progress, then the oppening screen appears and you have to choose to enter the game, then game menu appears, and then when that menu appears, you have to chose to exit the game to finally leave the game. This makes me so mad. Such a waste of money.

1 Like

That’s Bethesda for you…

Meh not too surprising, you need to sell shit besides your own stuff for people to want to use it.

1 Like

Huh I never even knew they were not on steam.

Good to know Doom Eternal will be available as I am not interested in another installer running just for one game and now I just don’t buy games from elsewhere than steam and gog as I have enough to play.

I don’t need more and not much will interest me enough.

Thinking about this more they are probably like" it must have been fallout 76 not being on steam as to why it failed"

Everyone seems to love steam, but have you tried some of the other ‘stores’? A number of them are better than steams steaming pile of garbage client.

Yeah multiple stores is a bit of a pain, but gamers should be encouraging competition in areas so that the likes of steam can’t just stagnate and rake in the money.

3 Likes

Woah boy, you besmirched FO76.

My Problem is the same as with streaming anything. I’m 100% torn here. I would really like competition for more selection and better prices. On the other hand, i don’t want to pay for 6 services or run 6 different clients on my PC.
Yes Steam isn’t optimal. But at the moment, i get everything (mostly) i want there. I’d love for there to be a steam competitor, but for me to use it, it would have to offer similar selection.

Ideally, there would be some kind of “migration” option. If a new store (lets say Epic, or whom ever) would allow me to import my Steamgames, that would be a compelling argument to switch. Even if Selection would be more limited.
I’d also take a “curated” store with great games over “i can’t find anything” steam. But that’s just not out there.

3 Likes

Yeah, I have Gog, Origin, Battlenet, Epic and Uplay. The only one that isn’t clearly worse than Steam is Battlenet, probably because there are so few games, it feels less cluttered. I actually would probably really like Nintendo’s store as well if they actually put propper filters up. If I don’t know the name of a game I want, I will not be able to find it in Nintendo’s store.

One thing I think more of the stores need to do is what Respawn did with Apex and link your Steam friend’s account. For multiplayer games, one of the most frustrating things is you might have like 50 people you occasionally play multiplayer games with on steam, and you don’t know their account names on another service. Like if i could talk to friends logged into steam when i was logged into Origin? that would be awesome. Even if steam doesn’t want to do that, have like Origin and Epic and Uplay and whatever Bethesda’s is called linked like that.

To be honest, most newer stores would probably better work with Discord. I think this would be even more compelling for many people than steam friends. I personally am not a huge fan of how steam handles invites and multiplayer. And since game integration with discord is already a thing, it would be the logical next step.
Plus, Discord offers some permission controlls to admins etc. You could set up rooms that automatically join a party ingame etc.