Best Single player games youve ever played

really, REALLY come on guys, not a single one of you mentioned

METAL GEAR SOLID 3/PEACE WALKER

if you didn't cry at that shit then you aren't a man

true peacewalker didn't truely shine until coop but I've played it entirely by myself and I still stand by it

Persona 4 was also good

Crysis 2 had a fantastic single player? ahahah

Skyrim

Rome Total War 

BFBC1

Tony Hawk's Underground 2

Monster Hunter Freedom 2

Uncharted 2

Mafia 2

007 Nightfire

Spiderman 2

Clive Barker's Undying

Recently...

Max Payne 3

I enjoyed playing through Dishonored and you can't really argue with Half-Life 1 & 2. Grand Theft Auto IV is way too much fun. I also really liked the newest installment of Tomb Raider.

I really loved Bastion, its one of those games that i had gotten hyped for and it did not disappoint.

The bioshock series is really amazing too. I played the first one and fell in love, however i did not play the second one untill I finished Infinite, but all three have so much replay vaule in my eyes.

Games of note

KingdomHearts 1&2

Psychonauts

Sleeping dogs

Ratchet and Clank games (really just the first 2, everything from 3 and onward was kinda eh, but still enjoyable at times)

Jack and Daxter games

Saints row 3

I'll second Uncharted 2, I wish I could play it on my PC.

FF7&8, Legend of Zelda: OOT, MM & WW, Soul Reaver, Mario Sunshine, Hexen, Final Doom plenty of others but i'm not too into single player anyhow but to pick one probably Castlevania SOTN!

Real Life..Man it can be so difficult..Anyone have some cheat codes?.lol Really though maybe the old megaman's or shining force..

couple 2 players I liked..

my most favorite 2d figther was..Guilty Gear

I also liked Elemental Gearbolt..I use to play it in what I called deaf mode and turned of the sfx and left the music..It was so great at the time..man hallucinogens

People have pretty much mentioned everything, except for one... How has no one mentioned Red Dead Redemption?

Because it is a console exclusive, I am actually pretty upset that it isn't on PC. That game is actually my favorite console exclusive next to Gears of War 1 and Halo 3.