Best Single player games youve ever played

Baldur's Gate 1 and 2

Icewind Dale 1 and 2

Fallout 1, 2, 3

Planescape Torment

Deus Ex

Kotor 1

Half life 1 and 2 (am enjoying black mesa hella lot)

Surprised by the lack of Nintendo games listed here

Metroid Prime (everything below this is are runners up)

Minecraft

Metroid Zero Mission (have yet to really play Super Metroid, which I hear is the best of the 2D ones)

Animal Crossing Wild World

Black Mesa (haven't played the original in it's entirity, and Half Life 2 is pretty good too)

Portal 2 (the first one is still excellent, though a lesser game of the two)

Cave Story (because it feels so much like a Metroid game but not overly so)

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery (so atmospheric and the best soundtrack I can recall)

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Starfox

That's my top ten thus far, in no particular order except for the the first which is my absolute favorite

torn between skyrim and the original Halo on Xbox. i suppose i have to go with skyrim because it was hyped up so much (which usually ends badly for me) but I still aboslutely loved every aspect of it, and I played it way more than Halo.

less seriously, Saints Row 3 was my favourite in a lite hearted, get on and just much around for a bit single player game. i suppose minecraft also holds a little piece of my heart as a standout SP game, although some of my best times have been with others on SMP.

The first thing that comes to mind is Fallout 3. NV has better game play but 3 had the better setting and story IMO.

The Last of Us is up there with my favourate games just because of the story and I have to give a mention to Saints Row 3 just because it's so much fun. GTA: Vice City gets a spot on the fun games list too.

Fallout 2 

Fallout 3 is by far my favorite game in general, I still play it as of today. Fallout 3 just had me engrossed in its storyline and couldn't make me leave my computer or go play another game. I had never played such a good game before and I ended up beating it so many times, thoiugh the ending was the always same. I was astonished when the Broken Steel DLC came out, letting you go back to some of your older saves and pickup where you left off, giving the wasteland water. My favorite DLC was Operation: Anchorage, it was the best possible way, in my mind, to include such a harsh, snowy, environment in D.C. I love the modding community on the game as well, with all the great mods that feel like DLCs and HD textures to take advantage of better GPUs. This game is also runnable on older, or not-so-good hardware becuase it was made in 2008. I still enjoy it much more than I ever enjoyed Skyrim, but Skyrim still has a place in my heart. I would rate that game a 9/10 as I wish that some of the things looked bettter in the stock game, but that is where the modding community takes over. 

Operation: Anchorage i dident like out the dlc packs for fall out 3 (the gliched power armor that took allmost zero damage was handy and geting a power armor perk without haveing to get it off Elder Lyons allso came in handy from that DLC pack when you whant to do new play through's)

I played the hell out of fallout 3 on the xbox 360 and the pc ( i was given a xbox vershon years ago )

homeworld, homeworld 2

Morrowind. Nuf said.

Final Fantasy 4, 6 and 7, Chrono Trigger, Halo 1 and 2, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Fusion, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Crysis 1 and Warhead, Chrono Cross (if you can deal with the fact that it doesn't live up to Chrono Trigger's glory, some can't and call it a bad game) and no surprise here, the Batman Arkham games (Asylum and City). Almost forgot the Breath of Fire series, 1-4 are good.

My favorite of the list changes from day to day between Final Fantasy 7 and Chrono Trigger.

KOTOR

Oblivion

Legend of Zelda: OOT and MM

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Metroid Prime

Fallout 2 for sure

Zelda Link on the Ness, i spend hours onto it.

i still love to play it on my pc, with a rom emulator ☺

Wind Waker

Xenoblade

Xenogears

Persona 4

Shin Megami Tensei Noturne

Shin Megami Tensei 4

Fire Emblem Awakening

KOTOR 1

Fallout 2

God Hand

Pikmin series

Jak and Daxter

Crash Bandicoot 3

Half Life 2 (Episodes 1 & 2 Included in that), Kotor 2 (1 was good too).

I was stuck into the MGS (Metal Gear Solid) series for basically all my childhood n most of my teen years. I wasn't into it constantly but when i was i'd complete it to a point that there was nothing to do apart from start again. only game i completed 100% more than once.

MGS

Total War

One of the Assasin's Creed games, whichever one I killed my first beggar in.

Spare change? Spare change? Spare change? Just drag them into a secluded area and kill them...

I used to really enjoy Minecraft, but I overplayed and can't get back in to it despite wanting to :(

I would have to say Skyrim (modded)

Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Bastion, Bioshock 1 & 2 (haven't played Infinite yet), Portal 2, Dishonored, etc.  Far too many to list.