L1's Garage

Don’t think I’ve seen that.

I can’t seem to find the full segment on YouTube (surprise, surprise…) but it’s the second half of season 2 episode 7. Hands down one of the best segments in the history of top gear AND the grand tour.

1 Like

holy poop , regearing your transmission?

Ye. 3rd blew up so switching the setup.

3 Likes

Guy interested in my car bailed out :frowning:

1 Like

Got some automotive polls going between the big 3.

3 Likes

You finished your rotary profile pic!

2 Likes

I wanted to be able to pick Yanmar diesel engines but then we’re talking heavy industrial equipment and boats, not cars or trucks, so I picked REEEEEE

1 Like

I did.

OG vs my gif

OG

Mine.
Wankel%2015%25

It look a bit funny when it’s larg, but I think it turned out alright when it’s small. I do see quite a few things I could improve though.

Yup. It’s just between the diesels the big 3 use in the full sized trucks.

2 Likes

Eh, it’s good IMO.

1 Like

I’m not sure how long I’ll use it. I like it, but I really like my little monster.

Also if I look at the rotary for too long it kinda hurts my head.

1 Like

brake rotors, pads, control arms and all the nuts and bolts that need to be replaced on the rear suspension…
I’m thinking the struts will have to be replaced as well. I’ll know for sure once I take them out. If so, should I just replace them with OEM struts or find something aftermarket?

2 Likes

I mean, if you’re planning on upgrading later, might as well do it now.

1 Like

Ouch.

2 Likes

I’d just go aftermarket. It’ll either be cheaper, or better, possibly both depending on what’s available, and what your going for.

Edit: I should add that you’ll want to do some research on said aftermarket part/brand, but even then it’s a bit of a gamble, but it’s worked out fine for me except once with a motor mount I bought (I didn’t do any research though).

1 Like

Any suggestions from the floor? i’m thinking some entry-level coilovers because muh height adjustment, but at the same time, not looking to drop a grand or more on suspension.

Anyone have any experience with Tein’s stuff?

1 Like

KYB struts are pretty decent and aren’t too expensive.

Although if you plan on getting fancy struts in the future it will be a lot easier just to do them now.

2 Likes

@KemoKa73 if your funding is a bit tight since you just bought that car, you could get something very cheap, or just use the bad ones until your ready.

Could also check the junkyards. It seem somewhat likely you could find some that have recently been replaced.

2 Likes

Pretty decent is all I see myself ever needing. Entry level coilovers just seemed like a nice middle ground between
YouDenseMotherfucker
and
ca9

Payday rolled around just now and I’m nowhere near any financial risks, I’m just trying to make sure I keep things reasonable, taking into account the other repairs and replacements the car needs. I don’t need anything insanely fancy, but getting decent stuff is always good for a car.

I will be checking out the junkyards on the weekend, if I can find some Forester struts in good shape I may go with those for muh ground clearance instead.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying it.

1 Like

Most the time that’s me lol. I usually don’t care and get the cheapest safe option for my cars.

1 Like