Asus Wrx90 Parity Errors / Crashes With Kingston & Gskill Ram

I remember you mentioned that you might swap out the motherboard under the store’s exchange policy. Did you end up doing that, or is this still the original board?

It is still the original board. I am still considering potentailly swapping its just quite the choir to do.

Did you check temperatures of the RAM sticks? Maybe try getting some air flow onto them.

They aren’t hot at all. Happening with even 1 stick of ram with the gskill zeta i was using.

Well I haven’t been able to get to the bottom of whats going on so I am returning this board in exchange for the same board. Hopefully maybe the issues will go away but i have a feeling its probably not the board giving the issues. I still want to rule that out while i still can. I had to request an extension on the return period for this board.

I am thinking i am going to try to get some kingston ram but ill have to wait around for it. The only kit i can see on the qvl list is the Kingston Fury Renegade Pro so ill probalby get a 256 gig kit at 32 gb a dim for the board. That may take some time to get here.

I could try getting a power supply but i am not sure if thats necessary. Currently I have the Evga T2 Titanium Powersuppply .

The cpu i am still getting things set with is the Threadripper 7965.

idk…just an update.

I worry that your pc reboots when you turn the microwave on though.

I agree, however It seems to be a bit of a one off and not exactly correlated with the microwave specifically. The microwave is in another room so i dont necessarily think EMI is the issue. That said , i do think this house likely has power issues that could be contributing to my problems.

2 Likes

if we get the same behavior with this board well know for sure something else is going on , god willing this board has no issues. One thing i haven’t swapped once in my system is the psu.

i’m going to see if things run fine with the evga t2 1600… if not we can go from there. Meanwhile looking into my power situation.

fwiw I too will be headed to mc tomorrow to get another board

another board mailed in here is behaving strangely and I’m not sure what to make of it. asus agreed to an rma but I’m 10 days in and getting an email every other day “thanks for your patience, we don’t have any spares, looking into it” which is not encouraging.

2 Likes

Of course…well if thats the response YOUR getting…lord knows my experience wouldn’t fair much better. Im going to be keeping you posted on everything. I just want this board to at the very least work as well as the other one did.

Everytime i go to microcenter its a 2 and a half hour drive there and back. This process … lol .

We press on!

What kind of weird behavior are you getting and do you have one that is just working ?

1 Like

3 Likes

A bit messy atm but things are coming together…as of right now I have everything back up and running as it was before with the new board and the board is performing as nicely as it was before, barring the random restarts / 0d stalls after restart.

As of typing this message i had one restart and upon the computer restarting it did get stuck on 0D again so thats a sign to me that the issue is still here. It happened when I was dragging photoshop across my 8 dispalys while having many things running. Tried to replicate the issue but it wouldnt.

Strongly Considering replacing the power supply with the seasonic i grabbed.

Still waiting to receive my Rma’d 4090 Suprim in the mail.

I see you have a ton of stuff connected to your PC. Have you tried leaving just a mouse, keyboard, one monitor and only 1 GPU in PCIe slots and check stability again?

1 Like

Kinda but but not fully. I may have to try something similar to that just to figure out were the weak link is.

So i swapped out my trusty evga T2 1600w titanium power supply for the seasonic 1600w titanium. It having the 12v hp cable included with it will help a lot with future wire management once i start patching up this system.

The evga is clearly fine, as i am still getting the restarts even with most things disconnected from the system. i really need to get a hold of ram on the qvl list for this board.

The system otherwise runs 100% perfectly but the restarts are pretty detrimental. It’s been difficult figuring this all out…. no end in sight with this issue for now .