Asus ROG Crosshair 6

hi im looking to fill i that wifi on the back of a asus rog crosshair 6 motherboard on the x370 platform it didnt come with one but it has the io cut outs and a slot in the board for one... was wondering what the best possiable option would be to make it a "complete" board as im do8ng a custom loop i saw fit to make it perfect in every aspect

1 Like

is an image i found to show

Any intel AC chip really. You'll wanna figure out the antennas proper first.

how do i figure it out

M.2 Wi-Fi Slot (E-key, type 2230) is what it says in the manuel

Needs more USB ports imo.

1 Like

lmao i know.... im just gonna superglu my 10 usb port hub to the back of the case....

Well a good card would be this intel one:

and then anntenna's like these:

is that fast? i wanna get pretty much the best i can get since im putting over 4k + into my build...

The only card that is better is the AC 8265, which is the updated version of the card I linked above. See here:

how are the speeds on this? im currently using a 100foot flat ethernet cooord... lol so im pretty sure the 100foot is killing my internet a bit

Wired is going to trump this card and any other. Flat cables at 100ft should be far better then this or any wireless solution. Its far more likely that your router and modem combination are causing issue than the cable.

i just want something to make the board complete i feel its not complete if i dont have everything, u know what i mean

I mean if you want to add a wifi card go for it, but don't think that any wireless solution will best a wired solution.

well does cable lenght make a differnce in speeds? im planning on moving out in the next year and i am gonan eventually have a short cable and be right ontop of the modem so. i just want the option incase i cant get net right away i can leech off other people... ehe hehe he

Long cable lengths should yes affect performance, but its not likely to be measurable at 100ft. Cat 5e is capable of doing gigabit at 100 meters, or roughly 328 feet. So your 100ft should not be of any issue.

1 Like

mines a cat 6 i believe

cat 6 is better than cat 5, your cable is definitely not handicapping your connection. Its got to be either your modem or your router. Going wireless will fix neither

1 Like

ok like i said im not planning on going wireless as i just want the board to be a whole... as i wont feel like ripping my loop apart in the future

Go for that 8265 and antenna combo then. The 8265 is as good as it gets right now for wireless cards, and those antennas are a pretty safe bet.