Asrock X570d4u, x570d4u-2L2T discussion thread

aren’t there pcie x1 HBA as well maybe they can be used here ?
i was thinking of getting the x570d4u-2l2t version and put one gpu and 2 HBA in the system , would that be possible or recommended?

im sorry if the question sounded foolish this is my first time trying to make a server.

If you don’t care much about the performance. They are quite terrible.

When planning modern systems it’s useful to understand how components communicate with each other. PCI Express (PCIe) is the current standard for that and there are several versions of PCIe. Since 2019 AMD can offer platforms for end customers that support PCIe 4.0 (but IBM deputed systems with PCIe 4.0 compatibility earlier).

Imagine a single PCIe lane (“x1”) as a network cable, depending on the PCIe version that single cable can transfer a different amount of data per second. PCIe is full-duplex meaning it can send and receive data at the same time:

• PCIe 2.0 x1 : 5 Gb/s (0.63 GB/s)
  • PCIe 2.0 x2 : 10 Gb/s (1.25 GB/s)
  • PCIe 2.0 x4 : 20 Gb/s (2.5 GB/s)
  • PCIe 2.0 x8 : 40 Gb/s (5 GB/s)
  • PCIe 2.0 x16 : 80 Gb/s (10 GB/s)

• PCIe 3.0 x1 : 8 Gb/s (1 GB/s)
  • PCIe 3.0 x2 : 16 Gb/s (2 GB/s)
  • PCIe 3.0 x4 : 32 Gb/s (4 GB/s)
  • PCIe 3.0 x8 : 64 Gb/s (8 GB/s)
  • PCIe 3.0 x16 : 128 Gb/s (16 GB/s)

• PCIe 4.0 x1 : 16 Gb/s (2 GB/s)
  • PCIe 4.0 x2 : 32 Gb/s (4 GB/s)
  • PCIe 4.0 x4 : 64 Gb/s (8 GB/s)
  • PCIe 4.0 x8 : 128 Gb/s (16 GB/s)
  • PCIe 4.0 x16 : 256 Gb/s (32 GB/s)

(Left out overhead to keep the numbers simple for humans to memorize)

Uhm yeah… thanks for the… notice, I guess.

Locally I see a listing for the X570D4I-2T, but none for the X570D4U at all, which is a bit odd. The product page of the X570D4U also doesn’t list anything else then the specifications, so I assume it’s not out yet?

Also from what I can tell no support for Ryzen 2000 at all, which is a bummer. Then again, the X570 features wouldn’t be useful on a 2000 anyway, just hope that the X470D4U is going to be a available for a while longer… Or maybe I’ll just get a “mainstream” board with ECC support after all.

You are most welcome , but from my talks with the asrock rep the x470d4u 10 gig model is already out of production and the non 10 gb lan version is gonna face the same fate soon.

So just a heads up☺️

These board aren’t cheap so don’t want anyone investing hard earned cash in a phased out platform.

Considering x470d4u was quite buggy I would be worried about the RMAs how will they replace a defective boards.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll probably start looking into buying one (or alternatives) soon-ish then as long as they’re still available.

That is true, and I’m a bit worried about that too. Which is why I’m wondering if I should really invest in one. I don’t necessarily need the IPMI (although it would be nice), and otherwise these boards don’t stand out all that much. The SATA on them is easily replaced with an HBA and PCIe layout is pretty much the same across the board anyway… well, I’ll have to think about it (and probably the wrong topic for this anyway :slight_smile: ).

might i suggest this asus board its x570 PRO WS ACE this is the only other board with a bmc it’s available right now unlike the x570d4u which is gonna ship only in the end of august.

just a note though that asus board does not have a full implementation of BMC and its not full fledged server grade system but it’ll atleast do the basic tasks well , apart from that it has 3 full physical PCIE slots and is cheaper than the x570d4u board, also someone mentioned it has good IOMMU groups as well.

https://www.newegg.com/asus-pro-ws-x570-ace/p/N82E16813119194?Description=asus%20x570%20pro%20ace&cm_re=asus_x570%20pro%20ace--13-119-194--Product

this is the board i am talking about, hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We were discussing the purpose of the BMC in Asus X570 PRO WS ACE in another thread at one point. If I remember correctly it turns out you needed a windows app running on the same host to access any BMC features on that board.

1 Like

Yes it’s not exactly a good solution and has limitations also not to mention no documentation from asus.

But it’s better than nothing and will give some basic remote management capabilities as compared to a normal motherboard and almost costs the same as regular x570 board so overall not a bad choice.

Thanks for that, unfortunately that does not fit my NAS case. I’m using a Fractal Node 804 (max is mATX) which I don’t plan to swap out any time soon (because it fits in the space I want to use it for perfectly and has plenty of room for HDDs).

Just bought the X570D4U-2L2T uATX.
If the Onboard ASPEED Chip doesn’t give me enough monitoring capability, a basic 16X GFX will work.

My meager PCI-e 1X audio connector card will be fine in an 8X.

Going to get a 6 thread 3.8GHz Ryzen just to tweak my design over the months.
Definitely want the next gen Ryzen with unified cache later this year.

The dual M.2s are perfectly situated for my Supermicro triple barrel fans. Perfect for a front to back 1U chassis.

Where did you order it from? I cannot find X570D4U-2L2T anywhere to buy it.
Thanks

1 Like

ProVantage.

Hmm, can’t find the X570D4U-2L2T anywhere in EU. If someone spots it somewhere let me know.

1 Like

Can’t you go to the ProVantage website and buy it?

I buy stuff only available in Germany all the time even though you don’t see it in online USA stores.

German made DSP Rack with 18 x Analog Device SHARC DSP Chips set me back a few large, but works great with my other 1U Servers.

They don’t ship outside US. Even if they did… logistics is all messed up at the moment, I’d rather buy from closer by than have the board sit in a puddle at the bottom of a bag in some warehouse for two months waiting on someone from customs to figure out the fees.

Good luck, hope you score one.
Vermeer or Cezanne is a long way away, but once I get mine I’ll test and bench it w/ the 3600 just to tweak it.
Won’t need PCI 4 M.2’s, just 970 Pro SSD and a pair of 970 M.2’s which should be cheap by 2021.

Lucky for me I’m an audio geek so stable streaming with the lowest latency is all I seek.
Even have an external DSP rack that does my number crunching.
A fast 8 core streamer for a !U build and I’ll be happy.

Any chance I could get this still?

You want the manual?

Does anyone have some sort of launch date? I really need this motherboard soon! This looks so cool and I haven’t seen any indication of this launching in the near future!