Asrock X570d4u, x570d4u-2L2T discussion thread

I’ve figured it out. Unfortunately the only ‘Release’ BIOS is the initial one. Once I updated to the current Beta BIOS 2.08a everything ran just fine.

Sorry if it’s a basic question but its my first time using anything with IPMI, if I’m using a zen 3 and want to access IPMI for the first time without booting so that i can update bios, is their a default IP address that lets you access it or something? cant find anything in the manual.

Usually pulls from DHCP by default

Thanks, oddly it wasn’t listed under my routers DHCP leases despite DHCP assigning it an IP, and running arp -a on the network couldn’t find it. But asrock has server management utility that will search your LANs ip range for their devices, I was finally able to find it using that.

That’s indeed odd. I ended up finding the IP of mine via checking the Arp table in my pfSense router

Guys, help me out please. Where is the option to disable shared access to the IPMI? I can access IPMI via 10GB NIC and I do not want that.
Thank you

The option for this should be in the IPMI Network settings.

If you don’t see them then you may be facing what I did on X470D4U.

See those 2 posts:

If that is indeed the case then Asrock support will most likely help you resolve this issue - When I contacted them about it they knew about the potential issues and had tools for this.

(or if you are comfortable: try to replicate what I did in the mentioned posts - but be aware that while similar your board may behave differently)

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed answer. Works like a charm!

Has anyone been able to get lm-sensors information to work properly under any flavor of Linux? I have a X570D4U-2L2T with a 5950X installed and in Ubuntu 20.04 the output from lm-sensors is wrong. The CPU temp is pegged to 100C and barely changes no matter what the computer is doing. Checking the temp through the hardware sensors in the BIOS gives reasonable looking numbers.

Hi,

Just bought the simple version (without the 10gig networkcards) for a home server. I have the ryzen 7 5800x cpu and I flashed the beta 1.02L bios. It seems it’s working fine but I’m feeling a bit stressed about using the beta bios.
Do you think I can flash the 2L2T bios instead? The boards are the same minus the 10Gbe chip.

Has anyone tested the replacement Kingston memory KSM32ED8/16HD ? I have two sticks of the old memory that I’m losing faith in ever coming off of back order.

Is anyone running ESXi, and if so, what version???

1 Like

No. I think the lanes are laid out different as the IPMI also connects to one of the 10GB ports, which your MB doesn’t have + I’m sure there are other differences, too… You might be able to contact AsRock Rack and ask when a non-beta is expected, but if it’s working fine, I’d leave it alone! You don’t wanna brick a brand new board! There is a reason it’s not listed on your specific motherboards page! Personally, I’d wait…

agreed. these were mostly my thoughts too, but I’ve figured I’d ask anyway. I’ve already sent them an email (ticket) regarding this, but so far no answer.
As far as how good it works, It does seem to be quirky. Mainly, the IPMI seems to be loosing fan settings, and the Media Redirection → VMedia Instance Settings always resets to 0 after rebooting (maybe a feature?) This might be related to BMC firmware perhaps more than bios though.
The OS seems rock solid though.

I have the same problem. Just noticed my speed about 300 mbps one way (incoming traffic from the server’s perspective)
I have a ryzen 7 5800x and the only bios that supports it, L1.04 BETA
Have you managed anything related to this?
300 Mbps is not acceptable. It wasn’t acceptable even in 2010 imho.
I’ll open yet another ticket with them (so far all my tickets have been ignored)

UPDATE:

After trying everything I could possibly can, including compiling the intel driver from source, debugging the igb kernel module and trying out different loading params, I’ve opened a communication channel with Asrock and they got back to me reassuringly.

And I quote:

“We previously tested the results found to be caused by the version of AGESA Code provided by AMD, AMD has been notified to deal with this issue, AMD is currently testing and dealing with this issue, waiting for AMD to provide a revised AGESA Code, we will upload the BIOS to the official website as soon as possible”

I was also informed that in a very short while, a release version for the BIOS and also BMC will be available for the motherboard.

Regards.
Thanks!

EDIT! THIS STUPID SITE DOESN’T LET ME POST MORE THAN 3 TIMES IN THIS THREAD! WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Could someone with the 2TLT variant of the motherboard, run this in a linux terminal and paste here the result?
for netdevs in $(lspci | grep I210 | awk '{print $1}'); do echo -e "$netdevs - Link Speed: $(cat /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:$netdevs/max_link_speed) - Link Width: $(cat /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:$netdevs/max_link_width)x"; done
copy and paste it as a single line. It might need root permissions.

I’ve noticed a lot of this motherboard devices negociated a 2.5GT/s link which translates into version 1 (ONE) of the PCI-e. That can mean that there’s not enough PCIe bandwidth for the network card to reach duplex 1Gbps speeds.

my results are:
26:00.0 - Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s - Link Width: 1x
27:00.0 - Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s - Link Width: 1x

Just been flicking through this thread and wanted to make some comments that might be helpful. We run a cluster with the prior version of this motherboard, the x470d4u and we noted some features that are missing from this discussion and are likely to also apply to the x570d4u.

Regarding the CPU temperature, we suspect that the CPU temperature reported in the BMC is not the actual CPU temperature. Externally measuring the temperature of a 3950x on this board gave us 65-70 degrees under load. We found the temperature of the VRM to be closer to the listed temperature in the BMC. We suspect the CPU temperature in the BMC is the maximum of the VRM and CPU temperatures and intended to help ensure the VRMs are kept cool (we have not confirmed this with asrock as we have no need to explore this further, we just found the thermal behaviour very curious). This may explain the odd temperature results listed earlier in this thread, assuming the 570 board has a similar design.

As some of you have identified, the lm-sensors package does not appear to work correctly with this board. However as the board has IPMI, you can use ipmitool in linux to read the values directly from the BMC.

I have removed the driver for the nct6775: Found NCT6798D or compatible chip at 0x2e:0x290 because I don’t see any reasonable values there.

But since linux kernel 5.10 I do get good values for the CPU temperature (of a Ryzen 5900x) from the k10temp driver which fits very closely to the ipmi CPU values. I have not observed more than 2 degrees difference when running the commands like this:

Under full load for a while:

# sensors k10temp-pci-00c3 && ipmitool sensor get "CPU Temp"
k10temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
Tctl:         +76.4°C  
Tdie:         +76.4°C  

Locating sensor record...
Sensor ID              : CPU Temp (0x34)
 Entity ID             : 3.0
 Sensor Type (Threshold)  : Temperature
 Sensor Reading        : 76 (+/- 0) degrees C

Without load:

# sensors k10temp-pci-00c3 && ipmitool sensor get "CPU Temp"
k10temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
Tctl:         +33.8°C  
Tdie:         +33.8°C  

Locating sensor record...
Sensor ID              : CPU Temp (0x34)
 Entity ID             : 3.0
 Sensor Type (Threshold)  : Temperature
 Sensor Reading        : 33 (+/- 0) degrees C

Network speed seems to be ok on the -2L2T variant (Bios version 1.30), also on the 1Gb ports. I get the following iperf result in both directions (with a rather cheap 1GbE switch in between):

[  3]  0.0-10.0 sec  1.10 GBytes   942 Mbits/sec

Okay - So I almost have everything I need but the RAM.
QUESTION: Do I HAVE to get RAM that is ONLY listed on QVL SUPPORT list, or can I just use a good kit? I wanna go 64GB on two sticks for now, no ECC. I know this isn’t an overclocking board, but does that mean no XMP, and if so, what do I need to get to truely be running the RAM at 3200 or 3600(pref)MHz??? Is this kit okay: CORSAIR-VENGEANCELPX64GB-PC4-25600-C161(it has 2x32GB 3200 CL16 sticks - low profile)
? ? ? ? ? - Someone pleas help me!

You don’t have to get RAM on the QVL but if it’s not Kingston or Samsung models that are close enough to the ones on the QVL, you might run into issues. I can confirm two models (both ECC) that work on the motherboard but aren’t on the QVL:

KSM32ED8/16ME
M391A1G43EB1-CRC

If you want non-ECC RAM, be prepared to go through a couple of different kinds unless you find someone that is using the exact same model and confirm they have it working.

I just ordered the non-ecc 3200 off the QVL list, so, we shall see…