Asrock X570d4u, x570d4u-2L2T discussion thread

Sorry, this came earlier than expected and I don’t have any cpus to throw in it at the moment.

A few things I’m unsure of with this board so far:

ECC error reporting support - presumably this needs a CPU rather than APU, would be nice once someone has one up and running to confirm if ECC functions correctly.

Any 3200 MT/s or above ECC Ram available yet? The RAM speeds seem a bit of limiting factor now that Ryzen 5000 can support faster speeds.

I found this a while ago but am not familiar with ATP, have not seen them available anywhere yet.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15586/atps-ddr43200-industrial-dimms-up-to-128gb-12v-for-amd-intel

OS support doesn’t mention - Debian or Proxmox - anyone else thinking of using this for Proxmox?

I suppose if you need to increase the number of drive connections at some point you need to keep the bottom PCIe slot free for that and consider an external USB sound card.

Had written off this thing ever showing up, then, almost completely boot stomp the box while taking out the trash.

Will be swapping this out with a current X47D4U, 3700x, 64MB RAM, cant recall the rest. Proxmox host this week. Will try and answer any questions anyone has if I can (Don’t have an APU)

3 Likes

https://www.kingston.com/germany/en/memory/search/?partid=KSM32ES8/8ME
https://www.micron.com/products/dram-modules/udimm/part-catalog/mta9asf2g72az-3g2

Only came out very recently but the awesome thing is that these DIMMs have Micron E-Dies on them!! So they will most definitely do a stable 3200MT/s and maybe higher with ECC.
But beware there are other Kingston DIMMs that use Hynix D-Die so not all are E-Die.

1 Like

Thanks I found another thread here with the Kingston suggestion and also noticed this morning whilst looking at the product page on Asrock Rack that the ME one (KSM32ED8/32ME) is on the QVL too :smiley:

Not a bad price either…

https://www.kingstonmemoryshop.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&keyword=Kingston%20KSM32ED8&category_id=0&filter=1672

I was wondering what the significance of the similar Kingston products were as I noticed the HD and ME in the part numbers, so that also makes sense now thanks.

Can’t find anywhere yet with the non dual 10GbE variant as yet so just short listing components at the moment.

Successfully tested 2 x Micron 32 GB DDR4-3200 ECC UDIMMs with a Renoir Pro APU on an ASRock X570 Taichi at DDR4-4000 (1.35 V).

You won’t see ECC modules with >DDR4-3200 since this is the fasted standardized DDR4 frequency.

2 Likes

Just FYI. Since today the X570D4U-2L2T is in stock at Sona.

Yeah I saw that too.
I think yesterday was the official launch of the microATX 2L-2T because other retailers also have them in stock.
I’ll post another link.

Sadly I haven’t seen an indication that is has been shipped to me so I’ll post an update.
3 Likes

ASRock Rack’s support confirmed that if you use a Renoir APU you can use Video + Audio over the HDMI interface even though the motherboard itself does not have any audio device onboard.

1 Like

It will be delivered tomorrow.

1 Like

Here’s to hope.

Just something else: Don’t we want this thread to take over the X470D4U discussion thread? That one is still very active and this one doesn’t receive much love bar people like me talking/complaining about the availability. So let’s get people to notice this!

You’ve ordered at Sona too?

Well yeah that’s what I said in previous posts. I’m sorry you didn’t notice.
I ordered it last week and and haven’t received a confirmation e-Mail that it’s been shipped out to me even though it’s been “in stock” since yesterday. And calling them didn’t work as their phone line was never occupied.

That’s a pity for you. I placed the order on the 20.10.
I forgot to mention that I haven’t received a shipping note by them. It’s UPS that announced the delivery on tomorrow.

WTF. I received the UPS e-Mail like yesterday evening and it was delivered this morning. Because of the uncertainty of the delivery I’m ordering the rest of the parts for my home server build. But I’m sooo relieved this wait is finally over.

Congratulations.
My UPS service point has suddenly decided to close its doors.
Thus UPS redirects the parcel to my home address. Still waiting for today’s delivery.

Which CPU are you using on your board?

Is anybody out there who runs an 4750G?

@indigital I am ordering a 2700X because of costs. The 4750G is like 60€ more expensive than a 3800X which I would liked to have bought.

Uhhh just wondering the 2700X isn’t mentioned anywhere in the CPU support list and manual. Will it still work? It should because of it being X570 but the only listed compatible ones are Matisse/Picasso. Is this a reason for panic?