ASRock X570D4I-2T

I have a 4x32gb kit of Nemix 32GB DIMMs and the memory controller on my D-1518 just can’t handle all 4 DIMMs even at 2133 (but 2 DIMMs of any combination work just fine). Bit disappointed I can’t use all ofem.

The 32GB M391A4G43MB1-CTDQ from Samsung are based on a new 10 nano-meter UV-process SEC launched in March of this year. These DRAM chips are M-dies according to Samsung. Technically 10nm DIMMS should generate less load on the controller’s bus compared to most common 16nm or 19nm dies.

1 Like

Interesting. The DIMMs I have are using SK Hynix DRAM chips. Most likely causes more load than Samsung based chips

it also could be the ram it’s self, as according to everyone else here who tried the nemix. apparently it’s of poor-ish quality

Also curious about what memory you used for fully populated 32GB RAM/DIMM.

Sadly, it is not a SO-DIMM…

so if you get a CPU with an iGPU can the OS see or use it? like for camera stream transcoding?

Yes.

i think i’m the only person here running windows server on this

on bare hardware probably, but others probably run windows vms

True that.

the 10G nick supports Q in Q VLAN stacking 802.1ad. i wonder if i can get this nic to interference with camera VLAN and standard VLAN

For some reason, I don’t manage to access the bmc Web interface. I need to move the server in a rack. Just set up a simple server laptop router-switch combo and no matter how I set it up. My Asus router does not even detect that the port with ipmi is connected to it.
I managed once through dhcp but as soon as I deactivate the dhcp on my router, it was gone. Tried to replicate the setting that worked but it did not work again.
So I have my laptop connected with 192.168.0.2
Router on 192.168.0.1
Router is not dhcp as in my final system, it will not act as a gateway but just access point. I tried with dhcp on and off.
In the bios, I manually set my ip 192.168.0.218 and set the gateway to 192.168.0.1

Trying to connect from the laptop, page not found. The Asus router does not see the ipmi connection in its “clients” it does detect the port speed 1Gbit/s.

I just move the server to a new office. Wanted to be sure I could remotely access ipmi before it goes into a cabinet that I don’t always have access.

you check the bios settings for BMC and set a static ip for the bmc? otherwise i’m going to say DHCP is very a needed component even for static IP network. it is what assigns the IP, even static IPs

So better to get the dhcp assign a static ip, I’ll try to get it through mac assignments.
The problem is that in the future. I have a pfsense vm on proxmox and that is the dhcp… I’ll have to find another solution.
:slight_smile:

i had the same issue. once found the ip for the ipmi updated the bios (to the same version, as there is no other on the website) and since than it is okay.

oh i think i see where you are coming from. when i made my lab i already had DNS, then found out Active Directory requires and run on DNS. You can’ daisy chain DHCP but, pretty sure you can disable one DHCP and leave the other. sounds like you will have transition once you get that VM up.

So the mATX X570D4I will only have 2x PCIE 16x/8x slots. looks like to get three pcie 3.0 x8 slots you gotta jump up to epyc, especialy if you want IPMI built in

Got my PointNClick file shares up!

Got my drivers installed!
no thanks to AsRock, i did the old look up the chipsets and MS Windows PCI / VEN IDs
Basically go to AMD’s site get the x570 and or RAID drivers run them BUT, drives WILL NOT be installed!
go back to device manager and manual update the driver and point it the AMD install folder or temp folder and it will see and install the driver via Have Disk Method.

My LAN / DRAM fan seems to be working!

But, the x570 chipset fan needs it’s own fan as well!

not sure if i’m setting the ram speed correctly? it’s kingston ECC 2666

sits at 2400???

@ cdoublejj
If you want 2666 you need to set it to 1333.
first ‘D’ in DDR stands for double. You are probably used to more ‘user-friendly’ BIOS that maches the frequencies advertised on the RAM sticks.

1 Like

Missed the newegg restock yesterday F