ASRock X570D4I-2T

the manual states: “2x OCULINK (support 4x SATA or PCIEx4 from OCU1, 4x SATA or PCIEx4 from OCU2)”

So it seems like there is PCIe there, but to use it you would probably need some weird risers:
Maybe this to get an m.2 slot: Delock Products 64041 Delock Converter SFF-8612 to 1 x M.2 Key M slot

And maybe this further into normal PCIe slot if needed: Delock Products 64041 Delock Converter SFF-8612 to 1 x M.2 Key M slot

Edit:
Or maybe this: Delock Products 62788 Delock Adapter SFF-8643 > PCIe x4 with fixing plate
with OCULINK<>SFF-8643 cable

Got access to the ASRock FTP site and saw updated BMC versions. Unfortunately the only one that works is a 1.18 version. I see that Fan Setting is now available that wasn’t available before.

https://zane.2038.io/X570D4I-2T_L1.18.00.zip

Hello,

I had Proxmox up and running since yesterday evening, when the power supply decided to die. Changed it, but from then I can not connect to the VE host and to all my VM’s. I did multiple scans for my local network, but VE and the VMs are gone.

I can log in to the shell locally, but when I try to ping anything I receive Destination Host Unreachable. Attached the screenshots of /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/hosts , these settings were working perfectly till yesterday.

ip a

Checked the NICs with other OS, they are fine.

Does anyone have an idea how can I get these settings runing again? Want to avoid reinstalling the whole thing for sure.
Could something corrupted during the power outage? I got Proxmox on a Kingston Datacenter ssd, what is claimed to be PLP.

Thank you.

Leave it, reinstalled Proxmox.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the ID-COOLING IS-47K will fit the X570D4I-2T with all 4 memory slots occupied?

Also, what’s the best way to mount the Noctua N9i? I tried with some M3x12 screws, but I’m having trouble getting good contact between the CPU and the heatsink.

Aren’t those a little too short?

Does anyone here happen to have the P2.10 BIOS? The link from last month has expired, and I’d rather not have to wait for ASRock support. It’s a shame they’ve not uploaded it to their site. I’ve tried 2.08 but the board is simply not booting with a 5800X in it.

Could someone share latest BIOS(P2.10) and BMC(1.25) from ASRockRack ?

The latest BIOS (2.10) and BMC (1.40) updates were posted on the asrock page today: ASRock Rack > X570D4I-2T
(with a warning when downloading the bios that the bmc should be updated as well)

ASRock Technical Support reply me:
Since BMC FW(1.40) has updated the code base, it must be updated through the Socflash tool. Please refer to the following instructions for the update method

https://www.asrockrack.com/support/faq.asp?id=40

Question is then, do we update the BIOS first, or the BMC?

Hmm, has anyone managed to run socflash with this mobo? It just tells me Can’t Find the Device

i updated bmc first, use rufus to make a freedos bootable USB drive

1 Like

Did exactly that, but when I run Socflash with the recommended arguments, asks me to confirm with “y”, then just spits out [Error] Can’t Find the Device, presumably whatever interface ASPEED is supposed to expose to the host which it flashes via.

idk if anybody has mentioned the 1u chassis for this motherboard, but it looks pretty sick

Before I put this in motion, I have a quick question: Can you update the BIOS/BMC through IPMI with an unsupported CPU in the socket (5600x)? Has anybody attempted that? Thanks!

5 Likes

Yes, I did this today. X570D4I-2T on the stock bios/BMC, with a 5800X installed.

Used the remote management to update the bios to 2.10 without powering the machine on, then booted FreeDOS 13 livecd to update the BMC with the socflash.exe from asrock’s site.

I first tried to update the BMC from its own web UI - the first attempt it failed to validate the image file, the second and third attempts appeared to succeed, but when the BMC restarted after the update, it was still the old version. The note referenced above from ASRock suggesting that socflash is required starts to make sense. I did also try the socflash (lxflash) Linux binary I found in the x570d4u thread, but that failed to talk to the aspeed soc.

2 Likes

Thank you for that! :slight_smile: I will go to town with this project today! Wish me luck!

Have you resolved your power issue? I’m experiencing the same right now.

What’s the best low profile (1U) CPU cooler that fits this motherboard without removing the backplate or other mods? I’d really prefer if it was screwed on from the top and not through the backplate.

Also, what fan settings are you guys using? :slight_smile: