ASRock x370 Taichi

I just saw this video on you tube. This guy does a pretty sweet job of breaking down the components... I just wanted to share... what do you think?

1 Like

Yeah i allready posten the vrm specification of the Taichi board in Wendell´s review topic. :slight_smile:
The vrm on this board is exactlly the same as on the Asrock X370 Professional Gaming by the way.

Asus is also using those same Ti nexfets CSD87350 on their Crosshair VI hero board aswell.
But they use IR35201 pwm in 4+2 phase mode, doubled to 8+4.
instead of IR35201 in 6+2 phase mode doubled to 12+4 on the taichi.

1 Like

I was unaware this info was posted... none the less good information on it...

1 Like

Yeah its nice to see people doing some more indept video´s regarding vrm implementations.
I have been doing researches on vrm implementations pretty much since the X58 era of motherboards.
Its really interesting and you learn allot.
There is still allot of missinformation regarding this particular topic.
This often has to do with false marketing.
Allthough nowdays the false marketing on vrm implementations is far less then it used to be back in the days of the Z77 era and so on.

Also there is nothing wrong with making a topic about this.
As far as i have seen, the Asrock X370 Taichi and Professional gaming, have some of the best vrm implementations on X370 boards.

1 Like

@Sensai

I also posted the vrm specifications of the Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 in wendell´s review topic on that board.
If you are interested in that.

I agree with you on the amount of learning and information out there. I must say I am old school, my last build was a core 2 duo 3.0 on a evga 780sli ftw... and before that athlon t-bird 1.4, with a ti4600. I myself have lots to learn, but I have a little electronics background, enough to understand the language and the math to get the gist, however not enough to educate onyone on the subject.

Yeah if you understand a bit of what he is saying in that video,
then you allready get some good view on the basic´s.
He explains certain things pretty well.
Allthough there is of course way more to the story of vrm circuitry and how it works.

watching that video really gave me an inside understanding of the board and how it works...I checked your post on the specifications of the Aorus AX370... it is kinda cool understanding the terminology, and getting a bite on how it works... I can visually see the chips as it were...I am a visual learner.. which is why that video I linked here was so good for me.

From the start I wanted this board as it seemed to offer the best quality at the best price, but is beyond my budget.
After determining that the B350 wasn't suitable for my Crossfire build, I was blessed with a drop dead dealie on the Killer SLI/ac for less money that the B350 I was considering. Is there any analysis of the Killer vrm?

There's a table here with all the AM4 VRM specs.

German site, but google translates it fine :slight_smile:

https://translate.google.com.au/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hardwareluxx.de%2Fcommunity%2Ff12%2Fam4-mainboard-vrm-liste-1155146.html&edit-text=&act=url

2 Likes

Thanks, for some reason if the author uses the double-s instead of eszett , my translator displays this:

another interesting one.

Well yeah, i allready had the vrm specs of the Msi X370 Xpower Titanium.
And for its price point, the vrm implementation is really mediocre at best.
Which is very dissapointing.
But thats typical Msi, thats why i dont really like their motherboards that much.
Msi skimps on the vrm implementations very often.
Its really dissapointing that Msi goes chooses to go with those cheaper less efficient Nikos mosfets.

This Msi X370 Xpower Titanium board is not premium in any single way.
Its just not worth its premium price atall.

Best X370 boards in terms of vrm implementations.

1. Asrock X370 Professional Gaming.
  2. Asrock X370 Taichi.
  3. Asus Crosshair Vi Hero.
  4. Aorus X370 Gaming 7 / 5.
1 Like

@MisteryAngel That is the order I looked at boards before I bought the tai chi..

Then I was doubly blessed and saved twice, as the B350 I was seconds away from purchasing was an MSI Tomahawk Arctic.

I'm thinking of getting this board too. It seems to have a good set up in terms of PCIe lane distribution for a workstation board.

Only thing I'm not 100% sure about is TPM. There is no TPM connector but it says in the manual that it supports firmware TPM via the Ryzen CPU. It's basically a software implementation, kinda like secure elements on ARM CPUs in phones. Probably as good if not better, since most TPM chips likely have fairly low levels of physical security and CPUs are much harder to decap/probe due to lithography size.

Apparently Bitlocker supports firmware TPM but can't find much info on people using it. No idea about Linux support with the new OPAL V2 stuff, which seems to be using TPM at least...

I just did a search on AsRock's website I applied the motherboard filter with the following checked; B350 X370 TPM:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/index.asp

I'm still looking for the connectivity.

I found the connection on my Killer SLI/ac board on pg.7 #24 of the User Manual named TPMS1, but after downloading the Taichi manual I found nothing that even remotely looks like that.

I'm wondering if you must connect the module using a different method?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/spec/card.asp?Model=TPM-S%20Module

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X370%20Taichi/index.us.asp#BIOS

New bios

apparently the old one was horrible