ASRock x370 Taichi

Yes. Some of it was funky for me, also :slight_smile:

whats your experience for the new one?

Flashing it now. So far ? No change that i noticed. Have to go through settings closely.

the reported AGESA version string (d'uh)
the CBS configuration menu
various blobs, most likely related to other UEFI GUI setup items and updated version strings in prepackaged structures
FCH driver and initialization code. 
SMBIOS
CSM
M.2 and SATA driver
DSDT

RAPIDLY becoming annoyed with lack of documentation
Why is it i have to go to Reddit and guess about the new bios changes.

1 Like

My ram is still returning from RMA. That being said I haven't updated my bios to 2.2... I might just wait after seeing that video.

Wise move. Think the next bios is slotted to address more of the issues.

1 Like

I just came here to ask if ppl think I should upgrade to 2.2 (from 2.0) - so thx for your answer.
Since BIOS and UEFI updates are a little trickier, I like to wait about a week before installing anything; that being said, afaik ASRock employs something that alleviates the issue of a crash during an update.

The Ryzen is still at a point where there is so many changes so fast that waiting for some of it to prove itself out is a good idea unless you have a serious system breaking issue.

What do you mean by crash during update ? I do the standard download to usb to flash utility in bios.

My biggest misgiving about the AM3 platform is not from AMD but from board partners.
The concerted move in unison to replace the Dual BIOS feature with "Crashless" software to cut costs is just bad for the consumer. This same orchestrated move happened if you'll recall, upon the Pascal GPU launch. As it is, there is a $300 board from Gigabyte that offers this feature that I can recall.
With so many expected and anticipated development updates to Ryzen and the EFIs, DUAL BIOS should be standard on all mainboards.

As @Ungari mentioned, it is a feature that - afaik - enables ASRock boards to recover from a crash if it happens during a BIOS update. That being said, a Dual BIOS would be superior.

Gigabyte is including DUAL BIOS on it's top tier X370 as a premium feature to make it a complete subzero cooling overclocking board.

I don't know what that means :smiley:

1 Like

Hilarious!
But, it's as if Gigabyte is saying that only extreme benchers that flash custom BIOS need this feature.
The AIBs started this 'trend' last year when graphics card models that used to have Triple BIOS chips went to a software utility to Flash the 3 different BIOS Modes.

Cooling your CPU with liquid nitrogen, which has a temperature of below 0 (−210 °C; −346 °F). In other words: it'll freeze your balls solid.

Biostar offers dual bios on their X370 GT7 board.

2.30 is available - anyone tested it yet?

Also:
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5102&title=x370-taichi-230-bios

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X370%20Taichi/index.us.asp#BIOS advanced overclocker. Whatever that means

I'd wager the next release notes are in egyptian hieroglyphs. At least it seems like they are trying awfully hard to be cryptic xD

1 Like

Better than nothing, i guess :slight_smile:

Once Nvidia had something like "fixed badaboom function" - although this was an internal note :smiley:

1 Like

Ask @Azulath for a definition.